Chapter 23

"Ugh!" I grunted as I threw another punch at the huge punching bag in front of me. Sweat dripping through my hair, covering my entire body, my body burning.

"Come on tiger put your back into it!" Saheb said holding the punching bag from the other end in place.

My heart was pounding and I was exhausted.
"Bas Saheb! Thak gaya apun!" (Enough sir. I'm tired!) I said sinking back on the floor spreading my arms and legs panting.

"Tired soo soon? This won't do young man." He said walking in front of me.

"This is very exhausting. I'm not doing it!" I grunted.

He scrunched down in front of me and made me sit up by grabbing my shoulders as I groaned in protest.
He then patted my back and straightened my shoulders.
"Zayaan beta, if you want to survive in this cruel world you need to be strong mentally and physically for the sake of protecting the ones you love." He ruffled my hair.

I rested my forearms on my knees.
"I don't have anyone to protect....or to love." I said.

"And what about the people who love you?"

I snorted.
"There's no one like that Saheb. My own parents left me in the dump to die alone." I said swallowing the lump in my throat.

"Parents aren't the only one's who's love you need. There are many other people who love you. Do you even know how important you are to them? How they depend on you? You're friends, me, Nagma.... Inarah! We all love you. Especially Inarah, she's soo fond of you. Don't you love her too?"

"Of course I do!" I said a bit fervently and immediately bit my tongue in my mouth flustered as he raised an eyebrow at me amused.

"I... I mean.... I care about everyone..."

"But you love Inarah more." He said abruptly.

"Yes..." I said idiotically but then instantly corrected myself..
"No!"

"No? So you don't love my precious daughter?" He sounded hurt.

"I do!" I implored then again regretted. Ugh! This man is playing with my head again. I covered my face embarrassed as he laughed at me.

"It's alright! You're too young to understand such feelings." He threw his arm around my neck pulling me closer like I was his buddy or something.
"Zayaan, there will come a time when you'll have to protect my Nagma and my little Princess.... you'll become thier Knight. A strong brave warrior." He squeezed my shoulder looking at me with his honey coloured eyes with such hope and pride...with a slight hint of sadness. I didn't understand anything back then but I still nodded in agreement.

*****
Zayaan's POV,
"Deal or no deal darling hubby?"

I clenched my jaw trying to compose myself. This girl is crazy, but whenever she has a firm resolve.... she'd go to any extent to fulfill it. And God! She's just soo hot right not!

"Why would I make such a stupid deal?" I said pulling her away from me with a straight face

She smirked.
"Mr Hashmi I'm a business woman too and I don't just casually do anything if there's nothing in it for me in return."

Her intense gaze and seductive tone was rendering me powerless. Her offer was just soo alluring.

I averted my eyes not being able to look at her.
"Deal...but, except for the last part."