Chapter 9

Zayaan's POV:
It had been weeks since I'd even heard her voice. My ears ached, and my eyes begged to see her just once. Thanks to the numerous photos, selfies, and videos she had taken on my phone, I could maintain my sanity a bit. "It's for when you miss me and I'm not around," she joked. To that, I had just rolled my eyes and sneered. I had never thought that day could ever come... that too so soon. I missed her like crazy, and I was losing my mind, but because of the promise I made to her mother...

"I don't want her anywhere around your dangerous world..."

She was right! Involving her with me was like pushing her into a black hole. She was my kryptonite... my heart, my soul, my everything. The light to my darkness. The person who saves me... from me. If anything ever happens to her because of me, then...

I looked at her smiling picture on my phone. Her cute dimples were so prominent, her sparkling eyes making her look like an angel... my angel.

"No, Zayaan! She's not yours anymore."

She's getting married; she's going to be someone else's... and then, I'd never see her again.

When she expressed her love for me, I was on top of the moon, but at the same time, my heart was ripping apart because I knew... I could never have her love... I didn't deserve it!

I'd always dreaded this day to come... deep down in my heart, I knew I would lose her forever. I just hope that the man they've chosen for her keeps her happy. But I doubt... they'd do such a thing. Seeing her happy and content... Tsk, those people could never digest that.

Especially... that one person!

Inarah's POV:
After that horrible meeting... I never wanted to see that scumbag again. Yet, he dared to invite me to a club... a nightclub with all the alcohol and his sluts. My skin crawled just thinking about it.

How boldly he told me that I could have a boyfriend or two?! Astagfirullah! I know I'm not that religious and all. I don't cover my hair, don't always pray five times a day, or don't regularly read the Quran, which I am guilty of... still, I know my limits. Even if I have to marry a man that I don't love, I won't go around cheating on him and being a whore! I fear the Lord above enough. But this man! He has no fear... how can I even imagine my life with such a rascal! Oh, Zayaan! Where are you, my love?!

Abid came to pick me up personally. He didn't tell my family that he was taking me to a nightclub; instead, he told them we were going out to a fancy restaurant on a dinner date. He said he understood my parents must be strict, so he was being considerate...

Tsk! Considerate my ass.

We reached the club, and the loud music, dim flickering lights, and the crowd were already giving me a headache. The couples or... whatever around were eating each other's faces. Gross, it was so disgusting. I felt like gagging.

 I felt like gagging