Chapter 8

Inarah's POV,
He...he just left?! Just like that?!

He left me all alone at night near the wast ocean to drown me in my own tears. I touched my lips as they still felt numb from his kiss. He said he could never feel like that for me?! He broke my heart into a million pieces.....in just a few seconds.
That butcher!

I cried my heart out sitting on the rocks all alone before the driver came to pick me up. Without a word or showing any emotion, I just walked to my room, locked the door, and stood below the shower as I sank to the ground crying my heart out again. My expensive clothes and jewelry were drenched under the cold water.

Zayaan's POV,
I growled throwing everything off the table. Whatever I caught in my hand, it met the wall and its end. I was agitated....enraged....my blood boiling in my veins...but most importantly, I was helpless....and I hated myself!!!

I made her cry... I kissed her and then I left her all alone with such harsh words. What? I can never feel anything for her. Only the Lord above knows how my heart only beats for her. That fucking company raised over her father's blood... I need no part of it!!!

I looked at my hands....with these very hands... I killed him. I shot the bullet right through his heart. My Godfather....my Messiah... I killed him.

Still, even in his last breath, he looked me in the eyes and just said one thing...
"My son.... protect my daughter."

He called me his son...yet I...

I don't deserve you Inarah... I'm a murderer...a beast! I'll break you too, we cannot be together because that's my curse!

****
The lights had gone off when I climbed through her balcony. I could hear her sobs till here. My heart ached to see her shaking figure as she lay on the bed like a fragile doll facing her back towards me, curled up in a ball.

I knew she heard my footsteps as her sobs died down but she didn't turn to me. Without a word, I laid down beside her and was about to put my arm around her to pull her to my chest....so that I could remember how to breathe again...

"Why are you here? Get out!" She said sternly....but her voice was hoarse with all the crying. I closed my eyes as I took my arm back....her condition breaking me into a million pieces.

"Because I knew you would be crying right now," I said as my guilt kept eating me.

"So, why do you care? You don't love me... I'm just a little brat you have to babysit. There's no need for you to babysit anymore... I'm fine. Get out!"

I sighed and throwing my arm around her waist pulled her to my body as she gasped. I inhaled her scent, her hair was slightly wet. She hates washing her hair at night....then why?

"You're soo mean!" She whimpered.
"You selfish bastard! I hate you...."

My hand clenched in a fist...
I hate myself too Inarah!

She turned towards me and her honey eyes filled with tears were making me lose my composure. I wiped her tears with my thumb swallowing the lump in my throat.

"Why can't you love me Zayaan?" She whispered.
"Am I not pretty enough?"

You're the prettiest girl in the world.

"Am I not kind or gentle?"

You're an Angel, my love.

"Am I stupid and not smart enough for you?"

You're the smartest girl I've met.

"Is there something lacking in me?"

You're the epitome of perfection my darling!