Chapter 62

Heena's POV,
I'd always been.... different from others.

When I was born, I only cried once. Everyone said that I was a quiet baby, but the truth was that....

I couldn't feel any emotions.

It was as if I was born with an empty heart.

My parents didn't wanted anyone to know about me and they tried anything and everything trying to fix me, but it was no use.

They were scared of me....so were the other kids when I was younger.

Once, when I was in preschool, we were on a field trip and we witnessed a street dog coming under a car and it was struggling for his last breaths covered in blood. All the children were scared and crying but... I wasn't affected at all. I just watched the red blood flowing down the street as the dog's desperate eyes met mine... probably asking for help.

At that time I said...
"What a waste! It's spoiling the good road."

Hearing my cold words and seeing my unfazed face, our teacher's face went pale as if she was seeing a witch. But there was one person who abruptly came in front of me with her teary eyes and running nose and hugged me. I stood still as a rock as I didn't know how to react.

"I know you're scared. It's ok.... it's ok to cry when you're scared. Ok?"

I just gaped at the shorter girl clinging to me.

Scared? Crying? I didn't know what that was even. But for some reason I couldn't stop thinking about her words.

Now this girl was Inarah Qureshi. My parents had explained to me well that I had to be with her all the time. They even made sure we were together since we were in our cradle. She was a few months younger to me and most importantly... the daughter of the Chairman of The Qureshi Group afterall.
However,

I didn't like her.

She was such an odd ball. So different from all the others. While the other girls kept thier distance from me because they were scared of me and let me enjoy my privacy, she always found me from anywhere I was and jumped on me. She was like a little mouse crawling out of her hole from every oblivion and jumping on me.

Soo annoying!

It's not like she never had any friends. Infact, she was always surrounded by everyone like bees to honey. Why? Because like my parents, all the other children parents told them the same.

However, even after her rich status she wasn't rude, arrogant or full of herself like those other girls. Infact, she was awfully gullable. So much, that it was enough to give me a headache.

According to her, the whole world was her good friend. Instead of going to rich parties and hanging around friends of her status, she liked to play with those filthy slum kids or other poor kids. And even her father allowed her while my father hit me even if I accidentally even talked to someone of even a slightly lower status that mine. Inarah's parents had alloted bodyguards for her to watch her from a distance and they too adored her for her kind nature and protected her not because it was thier job, but because she was soo sweet to them.

If you were to compare, I was better than her at everything. May it be academics, sports, arts, everything. When I was always first in class, she was always second. Just a few points behind me. My parents were proud of me...not because I was doing good or working hard, but because I was better than the Qureshi's daughter.

Her grandfather was very strict and even hated Inarah because she was a girl and not a guy who could take over the company. Yet that stupid girl always smiled running to her grandfather as if he was her favourite person. She did the same to everyone. Her father loved her dearly and took pride in the fact that she was a girl.... even though her mother had the same thought about Inarah being a girl, yet he always ignored it and said that someday his daughter would be better than any son.