Chapter 51 (new)

Heena's POV,
I was discharged a few days ago and as promised I came back to spend time with Inu. Aunty had stayed there the whole so I asked her to go home and rest while I take care of her the whole day. No doubt, she was missing Zayaan dearly but was quite about it. Even Emmad came to visit his Di, while still in his uniform. That kid doesn't like to express it but he loves his sister dearly.

We were talking for a while but Inarah felt her cramps again so the nurse gave her a shot and after a while she fell asleep again. I had brought her some light food that mom made for her, along with an extra tiffin.

"Is it painful?"

"Hm?" I looked at Emmad you questioned looking at his sleeping sister.

"Losing a baby.... It was hardly 3 weeks right? I heard the doctor say. The fietus didn't even take shape. Then why is she still in pain?" He questioned innocently and I could clearly see how he was clenching his jaw. The tiny baby we used to play with is finally growing up.

"Maybe because....it was a connection. Between a mother and her child inside her. It's not just her stomach that's aching... it's her heart to." I tried to explain.

He shook his head, a strained expression on his face.
"How can your heart feel stuff? It's job is to pump blood. Love, feelings and all the other stuff you adults say.... it's all from the brain."

His innocence made me chuckle.
"You'll understand it when you grow up!" I ruffled his hair.

He groaned fixing it
"Not you too Heenu di!" He whined.

I giggled.
"Sorry! You're just soo cute."

His face again turned serious.
"Could it be that...the baby would've felt the pain too?"

His question made a shiver run down my spine.
"I hope not.... but there's one thing I'm sure about is that.... the baby is in a good place."

He nodded understandingly.
"I always thought that Zayaan bhai was soo cool...but he was just a gangster and because of him my Di got hurt....even you Heenu di. He's not a good man. I hate him....he shouldn't be with Inu Di." He said as his cheeks puffed slightly with anger.

I could understand his feelings but his sister was soo stubborn that she would never let Emmad or anyone else hate her precious love.

Later on, Emmad left for home and Inarah was still sleeping, bodyguards placed outside her room. So I took a stroll outside.

Maybe, I could just check on him from a distance...but I shouldn't....
I wasn't worried or anything, just wanted to make sure he was ok. He saved my life after all...after putting it in danger in the first place.

I reached outside his room and quietly peeped in. He was sleeping but he seemed disturbed. Why wouldn't he be? It was late afternoon, the sun was blazing outside and the curtains were wide open letting all the sun burn on his face. I sighed and losing the battle with my head walked in.

I'd just quietly fix the curtains and then leave.

And so I did, yet his expression didn't change much. The extra tiffin was still in my hand in the bag. I sighed again and placed it on the side table and turned to leave but my feet stopped as I heard him moaning in his sleep. My feet wouldn't move as I kept fighting another war between my heart and mind and eventually, my stupid heart won and I turned to check on him.

He was squirming and moaning in his sleep. Was he having a bad dream?
"No...stop... don't take her.... please...help.... someone...."

He was mumbling nonsensical things in his sleep.