Chapter 60 (edited)*

Smiling to himself he held the 2 paper plates in his hand and ran to thier little home. Today thier Chutki was about to have a hearty meal. Just the thought of that was making him happy inside. Even he himself hadn't eaten well since yesterday, but it didn't bother him as long as he knew he could satisfy thier little sister.

As he entered in he found her sleeping on Zayaan's lap weakly holding her growling stomach. He too looked soo weak as he was carrasing her soft hair.

Seeing his face the little girl spurted on her feet and ran to him with that huge smile on her tiny face that always warmed his heart. Zayaan smiled too.

"Asad bhaiya! You're back." She giggled hugging him with whatever strength she had.

"Yes I'm back Chutki and look, I brought food for you."

Hearing that her eyes glimmered excitedly.

They all three sat together and both the boys started feeding the 6yr old girl who was thier whole world with thier hands. Just seeing her eat was enough for them. It wasn't much, just some left over pakoras that was about to go stale from the nearby stall that the owner gave him.

Infact, they never had enough. 3 orphan kids fending for themselves in the cruel world. But somehow or in some other way they always found food, clothing and that small hut for shelter in that slum. Even the people from the slums took care of them sometimes. But still, compared to the outside world...they had nothing. They were literally beggers but they never resorted to begging. They worked hard. Sometimes in some tea stalls, or other small hotels. Sometimes construction sites...and what not. But because of the rule of no child labour, it was getting difficult to get work as many rich people made complaints thinking they were helping them and they were forced out of the little works that helped them fill thier empty stomachs. They had sworn to themselves that they would rather work themselves to death but would never spread thier hands to beg.
Still, that little girl never complaint and always had a huge welcoming smile for both her brothers who might not be her blood relatives but...they were more than that. And they too loved her more than anything else. Her smile meant the world to them. Just seeing that smile made them forget all thier worries and fatigue.

She was a unique child. Her eyes were of two colors. One brown and the other gray.

To some people she was scary and uncanny but to them, she was the most beautiful little girl in the world

To some people she was scary and uncanny but to them, she was the most beautiful little girl in the world. Just like them, she was abandoned by the world too. So, they became a trio.

They watched her smiling as thier own stomachs were burning with hunger. She looked at both of her brothers.

"Asad bhaiya... Zayaan bhaiya.... aren't you two eating?"

"No chutki. We're not hungry. You go on." Zayaan said smiling weakly.

"Yes chutki... we're fi..."