Chapter 22

Inarah's POV,
"Huh?!" I almost screamed on his face
Training? What training?!

He creased his forehead getting quite serious.
"You know what happened last night, can happen again and again. And during one of those times, what if.... I won't be able to be with you to protect you....what if something happens to me to and..."

I immediately covered his mouth with my hands as a shiver ran down my spine at his words. The way he got hurt last night, for saving me....if something like that ever happens again then.... I couldn't even imagine it!
"Don't ever say something like that you fool!" I warned him heatedly.

He gently removed my hands from his lips and placed it on my lap enterwining our finger as he gazed deep into my eyes. Wow! Holding my hand like that!!! My heart would just explode!

Oh God his eyes! They're soo intense black. It's sometimes even hard to distinguish between the iris and the pupils. Just soo deep that I seem to get lost in those depths everytime.

"That's why you need to be prepared. Inarah, you might not know it but your stronger and braver than you think."

I chortled.
"Stronger and braver than you think? What are you Winnie the pooh?"

He raised a sexy eyebrow at me

"Well sorry Pooh bear. I'm not Christopher Robin."

"Inarah.... I'm serious!" He said sternly and I pouted in response to which he tilted his head giving me a warning look. Like I care?!

"You need to learn to defend yourself in dangerous situations or learn to atleast use a gu..."

Zayaan's POV,
She cut me off bringing her lips close to my eyes making me close my eyes as she placed multiple gentle kisses on my eyelids.

"O....oye!" I opposed weakly
Why does she have to do something like that rendering me speechless?! Nevertheless, I'm kinda always looking forward to her surprises.

"I don't know why people find your eyes scary, I just find them so...lonely and like as if they long for something. So beautiful." She whispered gazing deep into my eyes.

They long for you my Jaan.

"You're distracting me!" I said maintaining my composure.

Her rosy lips twitched in a smirk.
"So I have the power to distract you huh?"

You have no idea what power you have on me my Inarah!

"Don't you think you're too dilusional?" I smirked back. Her mouth opened like that of a fish making me bite on my smile.

"Meanie!" I love how she says that.

Her eyes went down on my bare chest with big eyes and she slipped her hand through my torso making me flinch and become breathless.
"Wow! You really are soo fit!"

She traced her finger through the shapes of my abs making my body tense under her touch. Damn! Why am I letting her do that?! Why can't I stop her?
Because I didn't wanted her to stop.

"Inarah..." My voice was hoarse.

"I love you Zayaan!" Was her only response and she immediately kissed over my bandage.

I love you too my Jaan.

I bit my lips to stop those words. It's soo painful...that the pain of my shoulder was nothing compared to it.

"You're right." She held my hand tighter.
"I cannot let you risk your life for me everytime like this."

Her eyes turned sad and she bit her lip in fear.
"If...if anything ever happens to you because of me then.... I'd just die!"