Chapter 27

Zayaan's POV,
Her giggles reverberated through the empty expanse of the office floor as she darted around like a young girl, her bare feet dancing on the smooth surface.

"Catch me, Zayaan... you're way too slow!" She playfully taunted, glancing back at me with her captivating dimpled smile, her hair trailing behind her like a cascade.

"Wait up, Jaan. Once I catch you, I won't let you escape!" I chuckled, trailing closely behind her.

She twirled gracefully, the fabric of her knee-length frock swaying like a blooming flower, before gracefully swinging open the door to my office, disappearing inside.

Stepping in, I found her perched on my desk, one knee elegantly crossed over the other, her finger beckoning me with an alluring gesture. I strode into the dimly lit room, locking the door behind me, drawn into her open embrace. Her scent enveloped me as she held me tightly.

"I love you, Zayaan... I love you more than words can say," she whispered, her warm breath caressing my ear.

A rush of emotion surged through me, a tear glistening in my eye. "And I love you, my Jaan... my Inarah... beyond measure. My love for you knows no bounds."

A soft, melodious giggle escaped her lips. "I'm well aware, my love..."

Lifting my head from the gentle curve of her neck, I met her gaze, her honey-colored eyes shimmering with affection.

"Kiss me, my Love."

"With pleasure, Jaan."

Gazing at her entrancing features, a chuckle escaped my lips before I captured her mouth in a tender, passionate kiss.

Suddenly, her gasp pierced the air, her body convulsing in an alarming manner. Bewildered, I pulled away, my eyes widening as I beheld the horror in her expression.

"Z...Z.. Zayaan...why?" Tears cascaded down her cheeks, her blood-stained hand reaching out to touch my face, leaving crimson streaks in its wake.

My heart pounded with dread. Confusion knotted my thoughts as my gaze dropped, and I recoiled in shock. A gun rested in my trembling hand, its cold muzzle pressed against her abdomen.

I shot her.

Tremors coursed through my body as the gruesome object slipped from my grasp, clattering onto the floor. My eyes flickered back to my beloved Inarah, agony etched into her features as her body rapidly became awash in a pool of crimson.

"Z... Zayaan...why?"

"I... Inarah... I'm sorry... please... please forgive me..." My voice quivered, an endless mantra of remorse.

"Just like Papa," she whispered, her voice faint.

"No... NO!"

With faltering steps, I approached her, my trembling fingers brushing her neck and stomach, now stained with her life's essence.

"Just like Papa... you've taken my life too, Zayaan..." Her voice was but a feeble whimper.

"No... no, Jaan..." Desperation clawed at me as I reached out, but there was nothing I could do. Her blood continued to flow, staining everything in its path.