Chapter 31

Inarah's POV,
"Happy Birthday Babe!" I ran to her giving her a bone crushing hug and we danced around hugging eachother like that.

"Aw... thankyou babe!"

"You look gorgeous Heenu! Those curves are killer bae." I said swooning over her silver grey dress.

"And look at you golden princess." She  winked.

We giggled.

Like every year, following our personal tradition, I got her a bff present. This time, a gorgeous pair of Harry Winston earrings. The most expensive diamond jewelry brand in the world. 

"Aw, babe! This is just amazing!" She gave me another tight hug, her emotions running high

The whole place was buzzing with people, mingling and showering her with birthday wishes. And wouldn't you know it, some of our old ex-classmates were in the mix too – those "special" ones.

"Well, well, Inarah. Look who's all married up now," they snickered, clearly amused. "We all thought you'd be taking charge at the Qureshi Group, but here you are, playing the role of a trophy wife for your big-shot CEO hubby. And didn't you have a different groom lined up at first? How'd you manage that last-minute switch?" They exchanged giggles, clearly reveling in their little jabs.

My jaw clenched involuntarily.

"Oh, are we feeling a bit green-eyed that after turning down practically every eligible, rich, and handsome bachelor in the country, she's landed herself the most dashing and wealthy CEO in all of Asia? I mean, the guy's a total heartthrob. And then there's you..." Heena scanned them up and down with an exaggerated, sarcastic look.
"...well, enjoy your cocktails while you settle for whatever's left after my bae's had his pickings." She smirked, a mock of pity in her eyes.

Their faces flushed crimson, a mix of anger and embarrassment – classic reaction, right?

"And let's not forget, someone with my level of elegance and beauty deserves a match that's equally outstanding. That's my Zayaan. But, alas, I suppose these matters are way too intricate for you to wrap your heads around. It's not like you can handle such high-level complexities with your, shall we say, limited capabilities. Oh, and instead of blowing your cash on nips and tucks, ever thought about maybe channeling those brain cells into something worthwhile? Like, oh I don't know, maybe reading a newspaper or trying out some education? Just a thought – after all, those surgical enhancements have an expiration date. Imagine if your surgically enhanced noses decide to jump ship one day, all thanks to the green monster of envy, scaring away your potential loaded husbands."

Heena and I gasped dramatically in mock horror, and she chimed in, "Such a tragedy, really..." She shook her head in mock sympathy, eyes brimming with mischief.