CHAPTER 13

It was funny to watch TV with Kaden. He kept asking me everything he would have understood if he simply watched the show. Every time a new character appeared he would ask who was it, and I would pretend to be annoyed at him,  telling him to shut up and just watch it. But then he would keep bothering me, making me give up and tell him who it was already. It was worthy being bothered by him, though, because although he acted like a kid who couldn't shut up during a movie, he also laughed like a kid, and his laugh made me smile and laugh along.

Every time I glanced towards Kaden, he had his eyes glued on the TV screen like he was hypnotized and his lips were always quirked up in a small smile, that burst out in a laugh when some character said something funny. Then he would turn to face me and point at the TV, like he wanted to make sure I saw that.

Many things I didn't see, because I was too occupied looking at him. He was so adorable that made my heart melt and I didn't know from where I found the strength not to kiss him already. I wanted to kiss him so badly, but I would only do it when I was sure I wouldn't regret it and upset him. Because he didn't deserve to be upset. He only deserved happiness.

After watching some episodes with me, Kaden received a message from his mother asking where he was and for him to come home. Oddly, his mother was a lot worried about Kaden not being home, even it still wasn't late. He even left my room to talk to her and guarantee he was okay. I thought it a little strange her despair, but didn't comment about it.

So Kaden told me he would watch more episodes because he loved the show, and then said, I quote: 'I already knew it would be great since is your favorite'. I blushed at his words and my cheeks became even redder when he kissed one of them before we left my room and I led him to the main door.

My parents were at work and Jonathan was out with Francis and Andrew because they had some work to do. My sisters were on the living room when I left with Kaden, and I pleaded the Lord so they wouldn't notice the flush on my cheeks. He greeted them with a wave and a smile before leaving my house. When we reached the door, it was clear that Kaden wanted to do something – hug me, kiss my cheek again, or my forehead, or whatever – because he just stood in front of me for a few seconds without saying anything, and then glanced behind me to see my sisters looking at us from the couch. So he settled for smiling at me and saying he would see me at school before leaving.

"Who's the cute guy?" Allie asked as soon as I closed the door, her face decorated with that stupid grin we give when we're in love.

Casey rolled her eyes.

"Keep it in your pants. He is older than you"

"Only by three years!" She protested and turned around to scowl at Casey, only to turn around to face me again with that smile "Did you see his eyes? They're violet. I've never seen anyone with this eye colour before. It's so beautiful!"

"Of course I saw his eyes, I'm not blind" I replied. And of course is beautiful. He is Kaden.

"Rude" Allie muttered, and Casey just laughed "Do you know if he would date a younger girl?"

My eyes widened and I grimaced at the thought of Kaden with my sister. Disgusting. Delete. Please, brain, delete the image. I would find disgusting imagining any of my friends with my little sister, but being Kaden only made the situation worse.

"No, he wouldn't" I stated, feeling a bit angry at her interest "I can't believe you're asking me this. You don't even know who he is"

"Why are you mad?" She looked genuinely confused, and I softened my expression when I realized I was frowning with my brows furrowed in a grimace.