CHAPTER 24

I asked Kaden if he wanted to do something today, but he said he had something to do with his mother, so he wouldn't be able to meet me today.

We were going to see each other tomorrow anyway, first at school and then at Will's house, since he invited the guys to come over, eat some pizza and play board games. It was going to be fun and I was looking forward to it.

I really wanted to go because I was talking more to my friends now, since I was feeling better about myself and life. Plus, I was going to see Kaden. We weren't able to hug, hold hands, or kiss, but we managed to touch each other. To anyone, those touches were unintentional and no big deal, but we knew what they really meant.

So, since I wasn't going out today, Jonathan suggested us to hang out. Just the two of us, like those 'brothers programs' we hadn't done there was quite some time. I agreed to go to a square where there was a space where he could skate, because he was trying to learn how to do it. He said he could teach me too, but I knew he was just trying to to push me and film it to make fun of me later. Siblings... They surely know how to be annoying.

"So I'm thinking about asking her out, what do you think?" He asked me about this girl named Melisa who he had a crush on.

"Yeah, go ahead. I never really talked to her, but she seems nice"

Honestly, I wasn't even remembering her face right now. But if Jonathan liked her, she must be nice. He had already dated one girl, Heather, and she was really sweet. But she had to move to another state. He was really bumped about their breakup and walked around our house like a zombie for at least a month. So, I trusted in Jonathan's taste for girls.

That came out wrong... I'm spending way too much time with Kaden. I shook my head, trying to keep my mind innocent despite the bad influence of Kaden.

"Shit" Jonathan said out of nowhere, making me look from my ice cream to him. He was looking around like a maniac searching for his next victim.

"What?" I frowned, not understanding his panic.

"Melisa" He hissed "She's right there. With her sister" He indicated two girls with his head, and I finally remembered Melisa's face and her sister's, Leah.

Melisa had red hair, green eyes and freckles. I couldn't quite figure out the color of Leah's hair. It was something between red and blond. And she had brown eyes. Both of them were really pretty and had the same age difference as me and Jonathan, Melisa being eighteen and Leah being seventeen.

"Then go talk to her" I said simply, making him look at me as if I was a crazy person who just told him he should shoot himself "Didn't you say you wanted to ask her out? There's your chance"

"Yeah, but I didn't prepare myself mentally for it. I need to think before-"

"Melisa! Leah!" I cut him off by calling them over and shaking my free hand the highest and faster I could.

My brother grabbed my arm harshly.

"Are you crazy?" He was doing his best not to scream "Shit, they're coming here. I'm gonna kill you, Ethan. I'll seriously kill you"

"C'mon, don't be such a coward. You can do this" I patted his shoulder, ignoring his death threat.

The two girls approached us and smiled kindly, us returning the smile.

"Hey, Jonathan" Melisa gritted, then looked at me "Hey..."

"Ethan" I said, and she nodded.

"Hey, Ethan"

I didn't care that she didn't know my name. I only remembered her face when I saw her, anyway. Plus, it wasn't me who had a crush on her. It didn't really matter if she knew my name or not. She knew Jonathan's. That must be a good sign.