CHAPTER 32

My phone wouldn't stop buzzing with messages of Jonathan. All of them asking the same thing: 'Where are you?'. I ignored them. He wanted a date with Melisa; he was going to have it. I didn't need to stay there with Leah and pretend I had the same intentions when I clearly hadn't. Plus, going out with my friends was way cooler. Not to mention the fact that Kaden was here too. And he looked hot; wearing skinny black jeans, black tank top and a red and black flannel shirt. In my opinion, he could take the flannel shirt off so I could take a look on his muscles, but anyways...

Leah chose the coolest place for us to go. There was stage on the back of the bar, with a big screen attached to the wall behind the stage. The screen showed what the person that was singing wanted, so it was probably the clip of the song or the lyrics. It was fun to watch other people sing. Some of them sang very well, mostly the ones who chose a slow or sad song. Others were there just for fun, laughing at themselves and making the others laugh too. There were also some duets and groups singing upbeat songs, giving the place an enjoyable atmosphere.

The only source of light in the bar was the colorful spotlights on the stage and the lamp on top of each table. We were currently sitting in a round table; eating fries and listening to a girl sing Blank Space, by Taylor Swift.

"She sings terribly" Peter grimaced at the stage; earning a smack on the arm by Mason.

"Don't be rude. She's really trying there" Mason retorted.

"Well, she should try harder, because she sucks" Peter stated.

"Why don't you go give it a try then, Peter?" Dane proposed.

Peter's eyes widened slightly before he waved Dane off dismissively. Mason smiled wildly at Dane before smirking at Peter.

"What a great idea!" Mason beamed "Why don't you go give us a show, Pete?"

"I dunno..." Peter shook his head "I mean... I dunno"

"Go Peter" Leah snickered "I bet you'll do a great job"

"I'll go with you" Kaden offered.

"Man... I'm really bad" Peter whispered.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm bad too. Let's go" Kaden stood up and patted his shoulder, motioning for him to follow him.

"Is he truly bad?" Peter asked me "Because I don't want to make a fool of myself"

I looked up at Kaden, who winked at me and nodded. I bit my bottom lip to stop my smiling.

"Yes, he's truly bad" I lied "Don't worry; you won't make a fool of yourself"

With that, Peter gave in and followed him until the DJ who was near the stage. I laughed as soon as they were far enough to not hear us. I never thought Kaden was the type of person who tricked someone to make fun of them, but I liked this mischievous side of him.

"Why are you laughing?" Jacob asked me.

"Dude, didn't you see Kaden winking?" Mike chuckled "He was messing with Peter"

"So he sings well?" Jacob turned to me.

"God, how can someone be so slow?" Dane snorted.

"We're tricking Peter so we can make fun of him" Leah explained slowly.

"Oohhh" Jacob smiled in realization.

"Someone needs to film this" I reminded them.

"Already working on it" Mason replied with the phone already in his hands.

We had our eyes glued on the stage as we watched the girl get off the stage and Peter and Kaden occupy her place. Soon, You Spin Me Round, by Dead or Alive started to play. Mason, Jacob and Leah laughed in anticipation, but right when Peter started singing, we all had to contain our laughs. He sang every single word out of tune, and his discomfort expression was making our night. I glanced over at Kaden and didn't know how he could keep a straight face knowing what would happen next.