CHAPTER 14

It didn't take long for me to fall asleep in class. I stayed until late on Will's house yesterday, so as soon as my math teacher started talking about things I didn't understand, I buried my face in my arms and slept.

I was immersed in my dreams when I felt a hand softly ruffle my hair and brought me back to reality, making me open my eyes to find Kaden crouched in front of my desk. He was about to take his hand off of my hair when realized he had waken me up, but I put my hand over his, not wanting to stop feeling his fingers through my hair. The feeling was sweet.

"Don't stop" I muttered sleepily.

He chuckled and obliged, continuing on ruffling my golden locks.

"The break is almost over" He let me know, and it's when I realized I was alone in the classroom "I didn't see you anywhere, so I guessed you slept in class. And look, I was right, like always" He smirked.

I rolled my eyes and closed them again, wanting to sleep more.

"You're annoying" I mumbled.

"Please" He scoffed "You think I'm awesome"

"Um..." I made a thoughtful face "Just a little bit" I brought my index finger close to my thumb until they're only a few inches away from each other.

Kaden laughed, the sound making me smile. But my smile soon turned into a frown when his hands left my hair, and I opened my eyes to see he had stood up. He chuckled at the protest face I didn't even realized I was doing and grabbed my arm, tugging it for me to stand up as well.

"C'mon" He said as I reluctantly stood up.

The bell rang, signalizing I should go to my next class. Fuck. I didn't even eat anything. I was going to starve for more three periods because I used the break to sleep.

Like reading my mind, Kaden reached out a cereal bar in his pocket and handed it to me.

"Eat this" He said "It's not much but it was all I could afford last minute"

I looked down at the bar he had shoved in my hands and bit my lower lip to stop a smile to appear in my face when I realized he accidentally had chosen my favourite one.

"How come you're always feeding me?"

First with the churro, then with the McDonalds, and now with the cereal bar. I didn't complain this time, though, because I knew he would just insist for me to shut up and eat it. Plus, I was really, really hungry.

"That's 'cause you're a baby" He grinned and pinched my cheek.

I glared at him and smacked his arm, not enjoying being called 'a baby', but not being able to actually be mad at Kaden with his ability of making my heart speed up with just one smile, one glance or simply one word.

"Where are we going today?" I asked when we started walking down the hallway.

Kaden told me he wanted to hang out with me today, but he didn't tell me what we were going to do. I insisted for him to tell me, but this boy was stubborn as hell.

"Somewhere" He shrugged nonchalantly.

"Over the rainbow" I sang when the song came to my mind.

He looked at me in surprise, like he wasn't expecting me to be in a good mood. But Kaden's presence always made me in a good mood, and he was helping me to feel better every day, so it was hard for me not to be happy around him. He quickly smiled at me. His usual smile. My favorite smile.

"That's gay" He whispered in a teasing tone.

"What a surprise" I rolled my eyes, using sarcasm to hide the pink of my cheeks.