BONUS CHAPTER #2

POV: Kaden Prince

"I just feel like... I could have done more for him"

"It's completely understandable, Kaden" Dr. Kim said "But what we need to realize here is that there are things we have no control over, and death is just one of those many things"

I had started going to therapy. After more than a year of only having a group therapy in the AA's meetings, I was encouraged to seek one for only myself. Despite working on my relationship with Luke and trying to process grief, I still couldn't shake the guilt and sorrow off of me.

"It was just a damn phone call" I groaned, covering my face with my hands and throwing my head backwards, leaning on the wall behind me.

Dr. Kim waited for me to look at her again to continue to speak.

"Do you believe there's a part of you that is still in denial about Charlie's death?"

I didn't answer that, focusing in closing my hand in a fist and opening it again several times while I rested it above my right leg.

"Have you ever said it out loud that your brother is dead?" She asked.

I had only said that twice. And it was when I told everything about what happened in my past to Ethan and when I went to the graveyard with him. I did the first thing because I was desperate not to loose him, but turns out it was the best think I could have done, because it made us closer and he helped me a lot. But he couldn't 'cure' me just by himself. I needed to get professional help too.

"Yeah" I sighed, scratching the back of my neck "Only to my boyfriend. When I told him everything that happened. And once to Charlie- Well, in the graveyard, I mean. My boyfriend was there too"

"Oh yes, Ethan" She mentioned, looking down at her clipboard "Do you think there's a reason you could only say that in his presence?"

"Probably" I sighed again. Talking about all of this was exhausting "He makes me feel like... like it's okay to be vulnerable, I guess. I don't want to talk about that to my family because they're going through the same thing and I don't want to make things worse. Not more than I already did"

"Don't you think that's exactly why you should talk to your family about this? You are all on the same boat. You should have each other's back. They probably need this as much as you do"

"Nah" I shook my head "I just started getting along with Luke. Mentioning Charlie would... I don't even know, but it wouldn't be good"

"You can't pretend your brother didn't exist when you're around your other brother" She pointed out.

I was silent, thinking about what she said. Maybe I should be more vulnerable around my family. Actually, one of the reasons why I decided to start therapy was to not rely on Ethan so much. I knew he would never complain about it, but it wasn't healthy for both of us to depend on each other for every sensitive topic of our lives.

"Our time is over now" She said, glancing down at the watch resting on her wrist "But I hope to see you next week" I nodded "I'm glad you're being honest here, Kaden. It shows real progress"

I thanked her before going to the parking lot of the building. I rolled my eyes when I faced mine and Charlie's car. My car, I think. It was weird not including him anymore.

"Dammit, Charlie" I murmured before sliding inside the car.

I started to drive to Ethan's house. It was close to Halloween and we had a party tonight. To someone who despised horror movies, he certainly did love Halloween.