CHAPTER 44

It was a new year and the classes were already back, just as the practices.

I spent the New Year's Eve with my family, but I met Kaden in the next day, since this was his favorite holiday just like Christmas was mine. Plus, I wanted to see him in the first day of the year because I wanted to start the year in the right way.

He took me to a LGBTQ+ club. They were having a party for the New Year, and Kaden asked me if I wanted to go. Of course, I said yes. It was hard for me to Kaden and I treat each other the way we wanted to whenever we were in public or among our friends. So, I accepted going with him so we could act like a couple in a place we knew no one would care about it.

It was incredibly fun and freeing. We danced together the whole evening. During the upbeat songs, Kaden would spin me or try to teach me a choreography, but we just ended up laughing as I failed. We laughed a lot, not having a single care in the word. We also sang along with the songs. Well, sing is not the right word. We actually shouted the lyrics the whole time. My throat was hurting when I left the club.

We kissed a lot as well. All the songs that played were exciting, but that didn't stop us from feeling the need to kiss each other. Kaden would always suddenly grab me by my waist, pressing my body against his, and then he would slam his lips against mine. None of our kisses were innocent. I don't know if it was the atmosphere of the place, or if it was only our desire for each other, but our kiss would always turn out in a heated one until we were making out in the middle of the dance floor.

The best part of it was the liberty. I could hug Kaden, hold his hand, kiss him, whisper down his ear, lay my head on his shoulder, and no one would care. I could be myself and we could be us without fearing mean glances or homophobic slurs. And, even if it was just for one evening, it felt so good not being scared.

People say that freedom is a human right, but they forget that LGBTQ+ people are also human, and we have the same right to freedom. We need to be free just like everyone else. It's not only a right, but it's part of human nature being free. We're not made to be chained into the patterns of society, which always bring so much misery to everyone, being LGBTQ+ or not.

And that was I most wanted. I wanted to be free next to the boy I loved.

*

I was currently at Jack's house.

He was throwing a party to celebrate the New Year. I was sitting on the counter of his kitchen. Will was sitting by my side as Jimmy was across from us. The kitchen was full of people, though. Jack lived in a mansion, but somehow, the place was crowded everywhere you went.

"Where is Kaden?" I pouted, laying my head on Will's shoulder "He told me he would be here"

"He didn't come that time when Jack threw a party" Will retorted "Why are you so sure he will come this time?"

Kaden had told me that the reason why he wasn't going to show up at Jack's party that night it's because he was afraid of drinking. He would be surrounded by alcohol, and it was extremely hard for him not to give in to his addiction. That's the same reason why he took so long to show up at my house the first time he went there.

"Because he promised me" I whined "I called him before going here, and told him that I wouldn't come if he didn't, but he promised me he would"

"Then just wait for him" Will replied "He won't like to know you're drunk, though"

"I'm not drunk" I raised my head from his shoulder, looking at him with a frown.

I didn't remember drinking. The only time I got drunk was because I tried to use alcohol to forget about my mom's threat about kicking me out of our house if I were gay. I didn't like drinking. It tasted horrible and I was underage. Plus, I had no reason to drink today. I was extremely happy with my sexuality and my relationship. Yes, I had to hide everything and was still too scared of coming out, but I wouldn't drink because of that.