CHAPTER 16

We spent some more time in the ocean. We swam, made competitions about who could hold their breath for more time under the water, threw water on each other, laughed at every single thing that happened, and kissed. We kissed a lot.

I had kissed before, but only girls, and I felt nothing. When I felt, it was only despair for feeling nothing at all. With Kaden, I felt everything. I felt heat, butterflies, fireworks, happiness, excitement, passion and freedom.

I could be floating right now by how light I was feeling. I didn't want to walk anymore, I wanted to dance. And I couldn't rip the smile off of my face. I kept smiling widely like a kid, but I didn't care about seeming stupid, because Kaden was mirroring my expression. So he kind of seemed stupid too. But he was my stupid. We were stupid for each other.

"Turn this up, I love this song!" Kaden shouted.

I laughed and did what he asked me.

We were currently at his car after spending the day on the beach. We were at the place he parked when he pulled over to go to the beach, so we had a view to the seashore while listening to music. The music was really loud, but we were too happy to care.

He sang as loud as the song, but his voice was beautiful as always. He looked deep in my eyes and approached his face of mine, brushing his nose against mine while singing, making me smile at his touch.

His lips looked so irresistible for me to let him finish singing, so I took his bottom lip between mine and kissed him.

He didn't complain about my interruption, and kissed me back, the music finishing while we kissed. I felt like I could explode of happiness right now.  Our lips moved in sync, and I hugged him by the neck while he put his hands on my cheeks, holding my face and caressing my skin with his thumbs.

I smiled into the kiss, not being able to hold back my joy, and Kaden soon smiled too, but he continued to brush his lips against mine while his nose brushed mine.

"You're so beautiful, Ethan" He whispered with a look of admiration on his face.

I blushed and gazed away from his violet eyes, suddenly finding the wheel much interesting.

"I love when you blush" He continued with a teasing tone that made me look back at him.

"Shut up" I rolled my eyes.

"Why don't you make me?" He smirked.

He was asking for me to kiss him again, but I didn't. Instead, I took a moment to just look at him. One of my hands left the back of his neck and started to trace the lines of his face. His dark eyebrows. His thin nose. His sharp jawline. He was so beautiful. My blue eyes locked with his violet ones. He had long eyelashes that highlighted the colour of his eyes. To me, the best part was never the color. Of course I've never seen anyone with violet eyes before and it was stunning, but he had a spark in his eyes. They shined with emotions I couldn't decipher, and I could just stare at him, trying to figure it out those emotions. The last thing I looked to was his plump lips. I passed my finger over his lips, caressing it for only a second before pressing my lips softly against his.

One of his hands was now on my back while the other was on the back of my head. I kissed him gently and pulled away soon to see he had his eyes closed. They fluttered open as soon as my lips were no longer on his, and I laid my head on his shoulder, grabbing one of his hands to enlace our fingers together.

We stayed in that position for a while. My head on his shoulder. One of my hands was now around his waist while the other held his. His other hand was rubbing his usual circles on my back. And the song of the radio playing on the background.