CHAPTER 3

The weekend was hell. Jonathan wouldn't shut up about the fake girl I was liking. And, of course, he had the brilliant idea of telling my sisters that I had 'fallen in love'. What a joke. I barely knew him. But the fact was that Allie kept squealing about gaining a 'sister in law', and Casey rolled her eyes at her. It was in moments like this that I couldn't be more grateful over the fact that Casey was from my family. And my brother just kept teasing and asking me over and over again things like: 'What's her name'?, 'How does she look like?', 'Is she hot?', 'Do I know her?'. He and Allie kept things going like this over two days straight, so I had no choice but running to Casey and spending almost all my time with her. What was hard, because she and Allie shared a room.

"Okay, but you have to tell me this: does she have blond, brown, black or red hair? Or! Or colorful hair?!" Allie asked with excitement.

I was laid down on Casey's bed while she was sat up by my side doing her homework and I plaid a game with Allie, who was sat on her own bed.

"Shut up" I groaned and turned my head to look at Casey "You're officially my favorite sister"

She smirked and flicked my nose.

"I always was, dummy"

"Hey! That fucking hurts!"

"Ethan Hales! What a bad example for our little and innocent sisters" Jonathan appeared out of nowhere at the twins door "Poor Allie must be traumatized by your language by now" He provoked and walked over Allie, putting his hands over her ears, what caused him a shove on the arm.

"Fuck off!" She spat.

I laughed throatily at this and Jonathan pretended to be offended, shoving Allie's arm as well. They began to fight like the two kids they were, one shoving the other and letting Allie vulnerable so I could beat her easier in the game.

"Jonathan, kick her ass in real life so I can do that in the game" I pleaded.

"So you need Jonathan to hit me for you to win?" Allie raised an eyebrow, and Casey and Jonathan burst into laughter.

"She got you there" Casey said without averting her gaze from her homework.

"Whatever" I muttered under my breath.

We turned out spending Sunday together in Allie and Casey's room. We played board games and video-games, what caused a lot of fights. I was a very competitive person, but turns out Allie also was, and she was awful at admitting I was better than her, so she felt frustrated. Well, can you blame her? I beat her every time.

"Cheater!" Allie yelled at me when I won again.

"Loser!" I yelled back and put my tongue out to her.

"Babies" Casey rolled her eyes.

"Why do I feel like Casey is the most mature out of the four of us?" Jonathan asked.

"That's because I am" She shrugged unaffected.

It was easier to be happy around my siblings. When they weren't talking about the non-existent girl, it was easy to forget about my sexuality. With them, I wasn't gay. I was just me. I mean, of course 'gay' was still a part of me, but it didn't overload me so much like it always did. I could just be Ethan. I didn't think about the burden I had to carry all the time. I wouldn't say I felt totally free to be myself, though. Being around them and feeling my love for them reminded me of what I could lose if one day they knew. If I decided to act on this part of me.

That's why I wouldn't. Tomorrow I would walk into practice and act normally with Kaden. I would become his friend and only his friend. I would pass past in whatever wrong feeling I was having for him and started having friendly feelings.