CHAPTER 23

The sun was almost setting. The sky was a mix of orange and blue, with no clouds, and the moon was already high, while the sun was fading away behind a hill. There was a light cold breeze that made the air of the end of the day peaceful.

The wind messed my hair, but I refused to let go of my place by the car's window, enjoying the feeling of the breeze against my skin. I still didn't know where we were going, but I realized we were distancing ourselves from the city, taking a road where there was grass and trees. The smell of grass made everything feel more serene.

"Babe, you look like one of those dogs that can't get off of the window" Kaden said randomly.

I turned around to face him, but he had his eyes on the road. Still, that didn't stop me from frowning in a grimace.

"Are you calling me a dog?"

Kaden looked at me briefly, the corner of his lips lifting up in a smirk when he saw the expression on my face.

"Yeah" He ruffled my hair, and I squirmed, trying to remove his hand away from my blond locks; Kaden laughing at me "My angry puppy"

"Don't call me puppy! It's weird"

"Well, I'm weird. You'll have to deal with that, babe" Was his defence.

"I need to give you a petname too" I pondered out loud.

"Yeah?" He glanced at me by the corner of his eye "What are you calling me, then?"

Kaden called me babe, baby and sweetheart. I wanted to call him in a different way. But... which way?

"I still have to think about it" I said finally.

He nodded, and then a silly smile appeared on his face.

"Hey, I have a question"

"Hit me"

"Do you know how to drive?"

Okay... I wasn't expecting that. My brows arched in surprise at his question, and my cheeks turned into a slight tone of pink when I thought about the answer.

I knew how to drive... But I drove terribly. That's why Jonathan was always the one who drove us to school. Otherwise, we'd probably be dead by an accident I'd have caused.

"Um... I know how to drive" I shrunk in my seat.

Kaden laughed at the lack of confidence in my answer.

"That wasn't very convincing" He pointed out "I never saw you drive"

Probably because I suck at it and make the stereotype of 'gays can't drive' become true.

"Well... I'm not much of a... driver... person" What was I saying?

"So you suck" He concluded.

"Hey!" I shouted and turned on my seat to send him a glare "I don't suck" What a lie.

"Okay" He said "Then you're driving in the way back"

Wait. What now?

"I don't need to prove anything to you" I snorted and crossed my arms over my chest.

Kaden laughed and pinched my cheek.

"You're so cute when you're angry"

"Fuck off!" I slapped his hand away from my face.

"Sorry, but you fighting with me is making me want to kiss you more than ever"

"Kinky" I muttered under my breath with an eye roll "Well, you can't kiss me. You're driving"