CHAPTER 29

"Ethan" Kaden said sternly "Change. The. Gear"

"I'm trying!" I shouted; nervous because this was the fifth time he was telling me the same thing.

"It's not that hard!"

"It is to me!"

Kaden thought it was a great idea if I drove us to our date spot. Since he was the one who chose where we were going our last date, I was the one who chose the spot for this one. I chose an amusement park out of town, where we could have fun and act like a couple without worrying about someone we knew seeing us together. We could just be us for a while.

'It will be great for you to learn, babe. I'll help you, don't worry' were Kaden's exact words. Now he was trying his best not to lose all the patience he had with me, since I didn't even know how to do the basics, even with him explaining me a thousand times. In my defense, I told him I sucked, but he insisted on it anyways.

"It's the other gear, not this one" Kaden warned me.

I breathed out in frustration and changed again; a sound of disapproval leaving Kaden's mouth as soon as I did it. I turned to him with a glare.

"Shut up"

"I'm just trying to teach you!" He defended himself.

"Ugh, why can't you just drive?" I groaned and pressed my head against the wheel in exhaustion, pressing the horn with my head without meaning it, and jumping in my seat as soon as I did.

"Knowing how to drive is important" Kaden stated, making me roll my eyes "Have you ever noticed how many horror movies the victim is saved because they drove away?"

"No" I replied "I don't like horror movies"

"Does that mean you're too scared of watching them?" Kaden smirked.

"No!" I scowled at him "It means I don't like it. They're just stupid"

I was lying. I was terrified of horror movies. If I watched one, I wouldn't be able to sleep for several days, only looking for spirits, monsters and murderers in my room at night. I wouldn't be surprised if I got so scared that I'd start seeing things that didn't exist.

"You're watching a horror movie with me. It's our next date" He said; proud of himself for his terrible idea.

"No-"

"Change the gear" He cut me off.

I snorted in annoyance, but did what he asked. I looked over at Kaden expectantly, and smiled at myself when he nodded and hummed, signalizing I finally got it right. When the gear was shifted, his car started to drive normally again.

"You better not hit my car" He arched an eyebrow.

"I make no promises" I mumbled under my breath.

The drive was long, since the park was out of town, which means it was more difficult for me to stand Kaden. I was in love with him, but that boy annoyed me so much. 'Change the gear', 'It's not that hard', 'Driving is important', 'I'm just teaching you', 'Change. The. Gear', 'The other one'. Each sentence made me roll my eyes and yell at him. 'I'm trying', 'If it's not that hard, do it yourself', 'I already know that', 'Shut up', 'SHUT UP!'.

After one hour of us discussing and screaming at each other, I finally started to drive not so terribly, so we stopped fighting with each other, and were now just enjoying the music that filled the car. Kaden was singing along with every song that played on the radio, and I found myself enjoying his voice more than the singer's.

"Babe" He called me.

Even with all the screams of nervousness, Kaden and I weren't mad at each other. I never actually got angry at him. He was just annoying when the subject was teaching someone how to drive.