Chapter 98: Hot Cocoa

Start from the beginning

Slouching back into the seat besides them, Lain gasped as she felt the cold layer that stuck to them like a magnet. "You girls really are cold!" She sat up. "I'll go grab you all some more blankets."

Finally with the couple gone, the girls giggled as they high-fived one another.

Going back into a normal conversation, they didn't want to give away any clues.

As Lain walked back down with their blankets she threw them all on top of the girls so that they were buried underneath it. Giggling by the mound of warmth on top of them, each girl took one for herself.

Already feeling warmer with their private blankets, they were thrilled to see Nina carefully and slowly walk over with five mugs of hot chocolate in her hands.

Passing one over to her girls and wife, the woman sat down happy as the hot smell of chocolate filled her nose.

As Lain began to put a movie on for them all, Nina chuckled seeing her girls drink from out of a mug. "If any of you spill, I'll make you drink it from a bottle." She said causing all three of them to giggle.

Carefully keeping a tight hold of their mugs, they each made it a goal not to spill a single drop of the delicious liquid onto themselves.

Before the movie had a chance to start, Lain remembered about the event supposedly taking place on Friday. Pressing the pause button, she wanted to inform her girls about what she presumed to be new information to them.

"On Friday we all have to meet up with Nick and Nelson for an event." She said.

"We kno-" Lauren was about to say but Faye nudged her hard with her elbow followed by a forced cough. And in her haste to silence the girl besides her, Faye had caused Lauren to spill her drink onto the blanket covering her.

And Nina wasn't one to miss it.

"I saw that." She placed her mug down on a table. Walking over and taking Lauren's mug and blanket off of her, the woman left momentarily. "I'll bring you back a clean blanket." She said as three pairs of eyes watched her leave.

"Anyways..." Lain said grabbing the girls attention back before continue on. "We all have to be dress nicely for this event."

"What's the event for?" Kaila played along with a convincing poker face.

"To be honest, I don't know." Lain shrugged. "Nina's brothers refused to tell us what we're going to be doing. The only thing that we do know is that we've got to dress up."

"Where's this happening at?" Faye asked.

"There's a palace about an hours way out of town..."

"We're going to a palace?!" Lauren exclaimed. That was one detail Nelson forgot to mention to them in his debriefing.

Seeing all of her girls lighting up with excitement Lain chuckled. "Yes we're going to a palace but I don't even think we'll be allowed inside it. I'm thinking we're just going to be at a bench nearby or something. No way can the twins afford something that fancy on their own." She said surely.

While it was challenging, the girls managed to hold back their laughter from how wrong the woman was.

"Here you go Laur." Nina said as she returned with a new blanket in hand.

"Thank you." Lauren replied as the woman placed the blanket on top of her. But as she did, the girl caught sight of what the woman was hiding under the sheet.

"And here's your hot chocolate." She said giving the girl her drink back but this time it was in the safety of a sippy cup.

"I want the mug back." She complained.

"Too bad. I said if you spilt it I would give you a bottle. At least I was nice and gave you a sippy cup instead." Nina pointed out.

"But it wasn't my fault." She scowled towards Faye.

"Keep complaining and I'll switch your cup out for that bottle I promised." Nina threatened.

Shutting her mouth as she drank from the children's cup in her hands Lauren glanced over to Faye with squinted eyes while the girl laughed.

Even Kaila laughed from the opposite side of Lauren. Turning to face her with a serious expression made Kaila's giggles stop. "What?" She said defensively.

"Alright girls calm down." Lain laughed. "Don't make fun of Lauren. It's not nice. Plus if you keep it up I'll take your mugs away anyways and give you the same cup as her."

"But we didn't even spill." Faye whined.

"I don't care. The last thing I want to hear is you girls fighting over a cup." Lain said gently before pressing play on the Christmas movie. "Now watch the show." She said to the girls.

Not wanting to risk their drinks being taken away like Lauren's, the others girls turned to face the screen while carefully drinking away their warm beverage.
———————————————————————————
Let me know what you think. Thanks Lexx signing off