Chapter 7: Worlds Apart

Finally as both girls finished their plates and were satisfied with the amounts in their now full stomachs, the women were currently in the kitchen cleaning their dishes. As the two girls sat alone at the table, Lauren noticed Kaila had leaned in close to her whispering something into her ear.

"What do you think about it here?" She asked the other girl.

"I-I...dunno." She answered nervously. "What about you?" She looked intently at the other girl.

"They seem nice." Kaila said but even Lauren could hear the hesitation in her voice.

"Are you going to leave?" Lauren leaned closer to Kaila as she whispered even more quietly than before glaring at the front door that was only down the hall from them.

Turning her head and staring at the open ended opportunity Kaila contemplated in her head. Complete freedom was only a few steps away. But as she turned to look back at the women currently throwing water at one another in the kitchen she felt torn.

Looking back at Lauren she shook her head after having coming up with a good enough reason to stay. "Where would I go? I don't have any money or know where I am for that matter. At least here I have food and a place to sleep. It's not exactly perfect but it's definitely a start." She told Lauren but mainly to herself.

Nodding in agreement the two girls talked quietly amongst themselves while the women continued peaking back at them in secrecy. "What do you think their talking about?" Lain asked her wife as they stood at the sink washing the last of their dinner mess.

"Us." Nina chuckled as she nodded confidently.

"Think it's bad?" She asked frightened by the thought of the girls taking up her offer for them to leave. While it was true and they were free to leave as they please, it was something she didn't want to think about.

"Babe their just scared. Who knows what happened while they were at that place? For all we know they could've learned that the people who were out to buy them are all bad. I don't blame them for being so nervous. If I were in their situation I would be just as scared. Although it's just kinda concerning."

"How long did you say Lauren was at that place again?" Lain asked as she wiped her final plate clean.

"The guy said she was taken there when she was fifteen. So she was there for four years. Last night you said Kaila was only there for two. Who knows how long it's going to take for them to realize not everyone in the worlds as bad as they were?" Nina shrugged.

"I know its going to take them a while, but what about Faye? We can't leave her at your parents place for forever." The tan woman said drying her hands.

Sighing Nina placed her plate down as she turned towards her wife. "Babe trust me I know we can't leave Faye there forever. I don't want her to be away for that long either. We already agreed that as soon as Kaila and Lauren are in a good enough state of mind then we can bring Faye home and we can introduce them to her."

"That's going to be a huge change for everyone," Lain said nodding her head, "but I can't wait." The thought of seeing her girl prancing around with the new girls made her heart stop.

She wanted so badly for the girl to come home. While it's been only a day since her departure from the couple, Lain felt her heart start beating again only this time it couldn't have been pounding slower.

"I miss her." Lain moved into her wife's embrace laying her head on the mocha beauty's shoulder.

"I do too babe. She'll be home before we know it though. We explained this to her before we sent her off. She knows it's going to be a few days maybe a few weeks until we get the girls settled."