Chapter 97: Inside Job

After the girls woke up and saw that there was snow outside, it was madness inside of the house. All three of them were begging the women to let them out to play. And while they were completely fine with it, they didn't want them out for too long. With temperatures below freezing they didn't want their girls hands to be falling off anytime soon.

Putting them each into thick coats and warm winter gear, the couple let their girls out. Knowing they would be fine out on their own, the women used this time to buy their Christmas gifts without any interruptions back in their room where they had a clear view of the girls through their bedroom window.

"Ow!" Lauren whined as she felt a large ball of snow hit her back. Turning around to face the culprit, she spotted Faye giggling as she ran to a nearby tree to hide.

While Lauren built a snowball of her own for revenge, Kaila was off to the side making herself a snow castle.

But as Lauren approached Faye after her beanie had falling ever so slightly down her forehead, she was only able to see out of one eye which caused herself to misjudge the distance between herself and Faye.

Rather than hitting her preferred choice of target, the snowball came falling right down onto Kaila's castle.

"Hey!" She complained as her snow structure fell back onto the ground.

"Sorry." Lauren shrunk into her coat with a nervous smile. "I was trying to hit sissy." She said while rocking on her feet.

But almost as if on cue Lauren felt yet another snowball come landing onto her. This time it hit her shoulder. Being pushed back slightly by the force of the impact the girl could see Faye laughing hard with a large smile as she leaned against the tree to support herself.

Faye was laughing so hard that she didn't even notice Lauren marching over to her. Building a snowball on her way, Faye shrieked as she ran away trying to avoid Lauren's aim.

Trying to hit someone with a snowball as they run off in different direction was hard enough on its own, but having Kaila trying to get her own vengeance and hit Lauren with her own snowball made matters harder.

After feeling left out from the other two, Faye had no motive but still made a new snowball of her own to throw at Kaila.

They were all laughing as they ran around the whole yard trying to hit one another. Making a large circle all the girls were trying their best to avoid the girl behind them and hit the one in front.

By the time Kaila was running out of breathe and had to stop, Faye had caught up and threw hers down upon the girls back. Laughing as she ran away, she glance back towards Kaila on the ground providing Lauren just the distraction she needed to land hers upon Faye's chest.

Falling on her back Faye's laughter softened as Lauren laid besides her. Giggling as Kaila trotted over to them, they all laid together in the white snow looking up at the sun barely warming them up.

"That was fun." Lauren admitted with a giggle.

Even though she was laughing alongside Lauren, Kaila didn't like the repercussions of their little game. "Back hurts."

"Sorry." Both of the others responded.

"I like the snow." Faye said as she began flapping her arms and her legs. Making an imprint on the ground the other two joined in.

Smiling happily at their angels, Kaila smirked as she ran up to Faye and Lauren's faces. "Wanna build a snowman?" She asked cheerfully.

Gasping with excitement the others nodded. They didn't know why they hadn't done that sooner. With snow trickling down from the sky all around them they tightened the gloves on their hands, pulled down the beanies on their heads, and began rolling out snow on the floor.