Chapter 53: Art Class

While Kaila and Lauren were kept busy at the center under the care of Alia and Alex. Nina, Lain, and Faye were all currently sitting in the middle of a paint class. While the instructor might not have been the best, the three of them were certainly having a blast as they attempted to paint a fruit basket.

One of the perks to having a private lesson meant that they were free to use as much paint as they pleased without the worry of hogging the containers from other participants.

While they were struggling to follow alongside the instructor, Lain ventured off course as she moved at a faster pace painting the fruit basket as she saw fit.

Sitting besides her wife, Nina peaked over from her mess of colors at Lain's canvas seeing almost an identical copy of the basket sitting on a small table in front of them.

"Show off." She whispered as she scoffed.

Chuckling Lain rolled her eyes as she checked on Nina's progress. "Yours isn't so bad. At least I can tell where each fruit is suppose to be." She pointed out.

"You mean the fact that there's an orange blob here to represent an orange, this yellow circular mess is meant to be a lemon, that red mush is suppose to be an apple, and those purple dots certainly don't resemble grapes." She teased about the fact that the only identifier Lain had at comprehending her painting was from the different colors scattered on the canvas.

Laughing her wife shrugged. "I can still tell, can't I." She wiggled her eyebrows playfully.

"If I had started painting this on my own instead of listening to her then it would've looked better." Nina blamed as she looked back up at the instructors demonstration board quickly catching up on the new steps.

Venturing off on her own yet again, Lain drew more than just the fruit basket. Adding a background to the empty white space surrounding her work, the woman created a scenic view of the beach behind it. Nearly resembling an actual beach Nina sighed putting her brush down to admire her wife's work better.

"You really should consider going to university babe. I'm telling you, if you can make a fruit basket look that good, I promise you people from all around the world would be begging to buy from your clothing line."

Shaking her head in disagreement Lain focused more on her art. "That is certainly not the same thing. I can paint this, but clothes is another skill set in itself. Plus I don't even know where I'd start with it all."

"Just one semester babe." Nina tried to persuade but her wife was adamant on her decision.

"Can we not talk about this here?" She whispered back to her wife after noticing the teacher from their lesson glancing at them.

"Shush!" They both chuckled hearing Faye silencing them from besides Nina.

Turning to face their little girl the couple tried extremely hard not to laugh when their attention focused solely on her art piece. While she had all the colors and shapes right, the direction and positioning of the various pieces were slightly ajar making the artwork appear abstract.

Getting hold of their breathing they swallowed their chuckles. "Sorry about that princess. Are you having fun?" Nina asked from the middle of the three of them.

Nodding Faye happily waved the paintbrush around. She loved arts and crafts, especially when her mommy's were involved in making it with her.

While the instructor talking in front of them sounded as if she were speaking a whole new language, the little girl was still having fun painting alongside her.

"You want to make this your own?" Nina whispered quietly to Faye.

Nodding the little girl scooted closer while still staying hidden behind her easel. Squirting a generous amount of paint onto their large palette, she grabbed her little girls hand and rolled her jacket sleeve up.