Chapter 64: Double Date

As evening came around, Nina couldn't believe what she was doing. Standing in the guest bathroom on the bottom floor, the woman had sent Faye upstairs to gather a few of her belongs. Coming back with her make up and outfits, the woman thanked her little girl before putting a movie on for her in the living room.

With Faye occupied, Nina breathed as she applied the smallest amount of make up to her face. Not going all out, she did the most neutral look she could muster as she put on an outfit that she would normally wear on a "lazy day".

She was certainly not showing up to impress.

Putting on sweats and and a shirt, she smiled happy enough with her efforts. She wasn't going to give in to these men.

As she checked the time on the clock, she gasped seeing it was nearing seven already. She hadn't even noticed she lost so much time. After her nap with Faye, the two of them spent much of the afternoon playing games and watching movies together. But as her precious time slipped away Nina cursed herself.

Putting her hands up against the bathroom counter, she stared ahead, looking back at herself. "What have you done, Wasklin?" She asked herself before hanging her head.

Taking deep breathes, Nina tried to calm her anxious nerves down. Shaking her head she looked back up startled as she saw Kaila tiredly standing in the doorway with a pacifier in her mouth. Jumping in place, Nina nearly tripped over herself.

"What're you doing sweet pea? You scared me."

Holding her arms open, the little girl just waited for the woman to lift her up. Laying her head against Nina's shoulder, Kaila sighed peacefully as the woman began to bounce her. "Did you just wake up from a nap?"

Nodding, Kaila felt her eyes beginning to flutter shut again.

Seeing her eyes closing through the vanity mirror in the room, Nina bounced Kaila more. "No baby, you've got to wake up for mama. If you take a nap again I'm not going to be able to put you to sleep when I come back."

"Where going?" Her little girl lazily asked as the pacifier bobbed between her lips.

"Dinner. Mama's going out to dinner."

Feeling herself waking up to the mention of food, Kaila looked up at the woman. "I come?" She pointed to her chest as she asked.

"No, Kaila. I need you to stay here."

"But I wanna go."

"Well mama's asking you to stay here tonight. Mommy and I will take you to dinner another day."

"Mommy going?"

"Uh-" Scratching the back of her neck the woman didn't even know how to respond to that. Apart of her both hoped her wife did and did not show.

She hoped Lain attended the dinner with her as a way of sealing the deal and ensuring they never had to see the faces of those creepy brothers again.

And yet at the same time she didn't want to put her wife through that mental challenge. She would rather deal with her mess herself, leaving everyone she cared about out of it.

She felt conflicted.

"I don't know honey." She admitted as she began rubbing circles on the back of her little girl.

"Sissy's going?" Kaila asked rubbing her tired eyes.

Smirking as she held onto the small girl tighter, Nina shook her head. "No. They're staying home as well."

"Grammy?"

Chuckling to herself now, Nina just sat down on her bed as she cradled Kaila in her arms. "No pretty girl. Mama's going alone tonight."