Chapter 67: Everyone's Got Gloomy Days

For as much as she wished her worries didn't exist, that was all that Lain could think about for not only the next day—but several after.

Nearly a week went by after her dispute with her mother and Lain still couldn't find the strength to even get out of bed. The look of pure disappointment in her mother's eyes dawned on her every time she left the safety of her sheets.

While the girls haven't seen Lain around the house much, they were still allowed to see the woman in her room. But after seeing the dark bags under Lain's eyes they knew to give the woman her space so she could rest.

At first Nina found it hard to explain to their girls why Lain needed her space so much, but eventually they learned not to ask. Just accepting this odd time for their family, the girls spent more time together in place of the woman's absence.

It wasn't until yesterday did Lain finally build up enough courage to get out of bed. Not having eaten much throughout the week besides for the small bits of food she ate from the plates Nina would bring up for her, she wanted something better for herself.

When Lain got downstairs everyone was shocked to see her. The girls were thrilled to see the woman looking so much brighter in comparison to earlier in the week.

And that's when an idea sparked their minds.

Playing while Lain quickly made herself a meal, the instant she left the girls huddled together as they began turning their idea into a plan.

Bringing it up to Nina's attention together the four of them formed the rest of their event in secrecy.

And as a new morning arrived, they were ready to put their plan into action.

"Mommy! Mommy! Mommy! Wake up!" Faye eagerly shook the body of the tan woman fast asleep. Only grumbling as her little girl bounced on the floor trying desperately to get the woman to wake, Faye resorted to her only other option.

Climbing up onto the bed she made her way to the center. With Nina downstairs after a restless night, there was more than enough room for her brilliant idea. Getting as close as she could to Lain's body without hurting her, Faye began to jump on the bed.

"Mommy!" She shouted repeatedly as she hit the bed in unison.

Finally with the combination of shouting and movement, Lain woke up surprised to see Faye jumping above her. "Morning!" Her little girl happily said as she saw the woman look at her.

"Faye please stop." She asked as she sat up groggily. Plopping down besides the woman, Faye curled up into her side. Staring up into Lain's eyes Faye smiled largely. "Why are you so energetic this morning?" Lain asked.

"Cause mama said we could have a picnic today after everyone woke up!" She excitedly said as she wrapped her arms around Lain's body.

"Did she now?" Lain raised an eyebrow.

Nodding hysterically Faye was ready for the woman to get up so they could go out for their picnic sooner.

"Where's this picnic happening at?"

"Backyard." She pointed in the direction.

Looking at the time Lain was shocked to find that it was nearing mid day already. "Have I been asleep for that long?!" She said aloud by mistake.

But nonetheless Faye nodded as she giggled. "Mama told us not to wake you up earlier, but I wanna go out now." She put her finger over her lips. "Don't tell mama I woke you up." She said making Lain smile.

Feeling in a much better mood, Lain playfully sealed and locking her lips up tight as she smirked. "Mama won't have to know a thing." She winked. "Is everyone downstairs?"