Chapter 94: Winter Wonderland

With Christmas music blasting off of Lain's phone in the car ride home from the shops, everyone was in the Christmas spirit. Immediately wanting to decorate their home to fit the festive mood, the girls and women rushed out eagerly with their items as soon as they pulled into the driveway.

After Lain and Nina got the Christmas tree set in place, they left it for the their girls to decorate for the time being while they got the rest of the house decorated.

"A little higher babe." Nina directed as her wife was in the middle of hanging a newly purchased picture frame in their living room.

After making the adjustments, Lain got down from her step ladder and got besides her wife as they stood admiring the new picture hanging front and center.

Hanging was a clean wood trimmed frame with white snow dust to accommodate the wooden design. Inside, however, was the women's favorite part. Putting a picture of their entire family, they enjoyed having a family portrait up for the holiday season.

As they grabbed hold of one another's hands they made their way to the girls. Checking on them in a now empty corner of the living room, the couple were surprised to see their gold and red colored ornaments were being neatly placed on top of their tree.

"That looks beautiful girls!" Lain said extremely pleased.

"Thanks." They all said looking back with a smile.

"You help?" Kaila asked as she sat on the floor tending to the bottom layer of the tree while Lauren and Faye dealt with the higher ends.

"Yeah we'll help." Nina said picking one of the gold ornaments off of the ground and placed it besides one of Lauren's.

"No mama somewhere else. You'll ruin it." She complained as she removed Nina's addition to their project.

"You just got told from a toddler that your decorating skills are horrible." The woman said barely able to breathe in between syllables as she nearly teared from laughing so hard.

Overhearing Faye giggling from the opposite side of the tree as well, Nina poked her head around giving her little girl a glare. "I'll have you know I can decorate perfectly fine." She defended.

"If that's so true babe, then take the rest of the decorations and finish setting the living room up yourself. I'm eager to see these decorating skills you have in action." Lain said as she broke out a few tears when Nina's eyes bulged out of her head.

"Hey now...uh...you see," the woman stuttered as she nervously chuckled. Looking towards Lauren struggling to place an ornament on the top layer of the tree the woman struck a lightbulb. "You see I would decorate, but I'm helping with the tree. Why don't you go ahead and decorate the living room babe. I can take care of this."

Crossing her arms Lain wasn't going to let her wife off the hook so easily. Everything between them had to be some kind of tease. "No actually I would love to see your skills babe. I can help the girls reach the top."

"Yeah but-"

"I wanna see mama style." Kaila chanted from below much to Nina's displeasure.

"Of course you do." She playfully said between her teeth.

"Come on Nina. I always decorate for Christmas. It's your turn. Besides you were the one who bought most of our new stuff, I don't know what to do with them. I'm assuming you had a plan on how you wanted to get everything set up before buying the supplies, right?"

"Right." Nina hesitantly answered. "I definitely had a plan." She said aloud before whispering softly under her breathe. "It's not like I just bought all of the random things Kaila said she liked and hoped you'd figure it out without my help."