Chapter 98: Hot Cocoa

"I think that's it." Lain said as they made their final purchase for the day. She exhaled deeply from the amount of money they had just spent on Christmas gifts, their nice dress clothes, and their fast shipping fee as she shut her laptop.

Meanwhile, Nina celebrated happily. Her eyes were growing tired of watching their purchases go through. Looking down at her watch her eyes widen with shock. "Is that the time?!" She questioned.

An hour had passed since the girls had come back inside without the women's knowledge. Peering out of her bedroom window, Nina couldn't spot her girls but she did smile when she saw all of their work done in the yard.

"They must've come inside already. They aren't out there." She said.

"I wonder why they didn't come to tell us they came back in?" Lain said as she got up besides her wife to check on their girls downstairs.

As they got closer to the bottom floor they could hear their girls whispering about something from the living room. Walking over to them the women were met with three surprisingly big smiles. Much too big for just a simple greeting.

"Is everything okay?" Nina asked.

"Yup, everything's perfect." Lauren said sweetly.

Looking to her wife confused, Nina whispered. "Do you know what's going on?"

But Lain shook her head. All three of their girls were just staring at them with the brightest of expressions. "Faye? What's going on?" Lain asked.

"Nothing's going on. We're just really happy right now." She said.

"Kaila?" Lain asked hoping that they would get some kind of answer out of her but instead all she did was agree with Faye.

Seeing all three of their girls back out of headspace made the women all the more curious. "What are you girls so happy about?" Nina asked.

Taking a moment to look around Lauren told them surely, "Christmas duh! It's coming up soon."

"I guess it is." Nina tsked as she squinted her eyes trying to read in between the lines of her girls responses. She wanted to know what was going on but clearly they weren't going to give it away easily.

It was obvious that the girls were hiding something, but the women assumed it had to do with the fact that Christmas was coming up. "When did you girls come inside?" Lain asked.

"A while ago. It got too cold out there." Faye said as she kept herself curled into the blanket accompanied by the other two girls.

"I saw you girls built a snowman..." Nina said walking in front of them. "...and didn't give him a carrot nose." She chuckled and looked at them intensely.

"What?" Faye shrugged, "we didn't want to come inside to get one. He looks fine with just a smile and eyes."

Smirking as the girls laughed at her Nina rolled her eyes playfully as she sat besides them. Feeling Kaila wrap her arms around hers, she immediately pulled out of her girls frozen touch swiftly. "Woah you girls are cold!" She exclaimed. "I'll go make some hot chocolate." She left to the kitchen.

All the while, Lain sat besides them with a cocked eyebrow. "Now that mama's gone, come on tell me, what're you girls hiding?" She asked.

"Nothing." Lauren smirked as she threw herself back into the seat. "We're just really happy that Christmas is almost here."

Watching the girls smirk suspiciously grow larger, Lain gave up. Both Faye and Kaila were quick to defend Lauren's side. They were going to be sure they didn't say anything about Nelson's plans.