Chapter 45: Living on the Edge

While the women were all having a pleasant snack, Faye and Rose hadn't stopped talking since they sat down. Only eating when one of the women reminded them of the food sitting in their laps.

Meanwhile Kaila and Lauren stayed glued in the couples laps as the women talked with Alia.

"Do you folks live around here?" The woman with blond hair sitting across from them asked.

"No. We've got a place on the other side of town." Nina informed.

"Wait?! So guys drove all the way out here just for this?!" She seemed impressed.

Chuckling Lain shrugged. "This park is the only one of its kind for miles, so yeah. Plus Faye's been coming here with us for a while now and she loves it."

"I'm surprised we didn't run into each other sooner then. Rosy loves this place too. She always asks to come here when we're free."

The women shared a laugh before Nina spoke up. "Speaking of you and Rosy. Do you guys live in this area?"

Nodding her head the woman pointed in a direction away from the park. "We live about a ten minute walk from here." She said before taking a bite of her sandwich. "It's a nice neighborhood but sometimes we get the occasional jogger who didn't know where they were going to end up if they ran this way."

Looking confused at one another, the couple stared lost at the woman in front of them.

She glanced up from her sandwich seeing both pairs of eyes beaming on her. "Did I say something wrong?"

Shaking her head Nina just stared even more confused as the right words refused to come out of her mouth. "You do know this is a littles friendly neighborhood right? It's why the park is here." Alia told them.

"Really?" Lain gasped. She was astounded by the revelation. "We thought this was just far enough out of town that nobody would come over here unless they knew about it."

"Well true, that's one of the reasons the neighborhood is so far out of town. But it's mainly for privacy. Being at the edge of town allows us to keep our way of life to ourselves and we let our little ones be as happy as they'd like without any interruptions."

Looking like they were going to investigate further into this matter on their own time, Lain and Nina both made sure to bolden this mental note in their heads. Taking a quick peak at the houses a small distance away, they noticed the sizing of the homes weren't nearly as large as theirs, but they were still larger than average.

Hearing Kaila's stomach grumbling from her lap, Nina looked down grabbing some of the fruits Alia had passed over for the girls. Picking up grapes she brought it up to the girls mouth.

After only having water, Kaila refused to let Nina take away her pacifier from her again. Hiding her face into the woman's chest so she couldn't force her to eat, Kaila laid contently while Nina sighed putting the grapes back into their small container before she rocked the small girl.

"They're cute." Alia commented seeing how tightly both Kaila and Lauren clung to the women.

Blushing shyly Lauren stopped eating her fruit as she turned away from Alia, hugging onto Lain's arm securely.

Chuckling as she assuringly patted Lauren's back, Lain looked to the woman across from her. "So what do you do for a living?"

"I own a small center in town."

"What's the center for?" Nina asked.

"It's a littles daycare. I have a few friends from around this area and they usually drop their little ones off at my studio while they have more adult time for themselves. If you want I'd love to have the girls over to meet some of the other kids." She offered.