Chapter 8: Our Little Secret

To say their day was eventful would be a massive lie. After giving the girls a tour of their home, Lain and Nina decided to let them have their space. Letting the girls go to their rooms alone, the couple made their way downstairs into the living room where they cuddled together close on the couch.

Lain was sat up as she scrolled through the various movies on their large flat screen tv, while Nina had her head in her wife's lap pulling out her phone. Looking at her messages she could see one from her mother.

"Babe look." She held her phone up for Lain to see.

Peering down at her wife's phone, Lain saw a picture from her mother-in-law. Laying down tucked under a Nemo and Dori blanket the women awed at their little girl soundly asleep for her mid-day nap. Hanging halfway out of her blanket laid a small stuffed bear.

"I can't believe your mom got her to sleep so easily." Lain said in amazement before resuming up scrolling through the movie options.

"She is the best babysitter in town." The mocha beauty chuckled. Scrolling through her phone more the women continue to awe and coo as more pictures came piling in. All of which were from earlier.

After some time Lain gave up looking for a film as she became fully engrossed into the picture hunting with her wife.

Forgetting about their movie idea after an hour had passed, they clutched their hearts seeing pictures from earlier that day of their little girl bawling her eyes out. Captioned under those photos Nina read, "she misses you both already."

"My poor baby." The tan woman called out upset to see her little girl so unsettled.

Grabbing hold of her wife's hand, Nina tried to comfort Lain as she held her hand tightly within her own. "Everything's going to be fine babe. Faye's going to be okay." She reminded not wanting her wife to lose her mind to overthinking.

But it wasn't until a tear had fallen before the other woman nodded as she attempted to hold back her aching tears. After some time to calm herself back down, both women resumed looking through the countless pictures on their phones.

After having finally shut the tv off Lain ran her fingers through her wife's luscious curls. Scrolling down through more photos the women found themselves lost for hours. After looking through all of the photos in their messages they moved onto their photo albums.

As Lain saw more and more pictures of her happy family it helped to lighten her heart back up.

Seeing all of their pictures made Nina and Lain smile. "To think, we're so close to having the family of our dreams." The tan beauty said turning to her wife.

Tightening her hold on Lain's hand, Nina smirked as she nodded. "You've always wanted three girls." She chuckled as Lain did the same.

"How could I not?!" She whisper shouted excitedly. "It's the perfect number!"

Nina laughed as she looked far into her wife's eyes. "Three is the magic number." She shrugged. "Do you think we should tell the girls about our lifestyle yet?"

Suddenly the smile on Lain's face disappeared. "I don't know. It's too soon isn't it? I mean we only just got them here last night. Shouldn't we give them more time to get used to not being trapped in that god awful place." She felt shivers run down her spine as she thought of even the slightest memory of it.

Nina nodded but she wasn't ready to agree completely just yet. "You told them they could leave if they wanted didn't you?" She asked.

"Yeah. Why?"

"Because if we told the girls now, they can have time to think about if there going to stay with us or not. We don't want to get ourselves so attached now. What happens if we wait until they completely settle and then when they find out about us, we scare them off. It seems better to just get it over with. Let them know what their in for. And if it's not something they want, then they can leave. And we can go about looking for others then."

"But I've already gotten attached." Lain frowned thinking about the possibility of either girl leaving again.

Sitting up Nina smiled grabbing hold of her wife's shoulders. "Lain you know me better than anyone. And you know that my heart is already settled on the girls we have. But if they decide to leave, then they can keep my heart. But I've got to learn to move on. And if that's the case, so do you."

"You know I'm awful at goodbyes."

Chuckling Nina nodded. "Do I have to remind you of that time when you wouldn't let me leave at the airport for a flight to one of our company events?" She raised an eyebrow laughing while she could.

Because before she knew it, her wife had backed away in a playful manner slapping her thighs. "Don't blame me! You were the one leaving for a week to go on a company trip!"

"Because I had to set a company bonding trip babe. You know how beneficial those can be to employees." She laughed before her eager tone turned to lust. "Plus, you should know about all the benefits to company bonding trips." She slid her hands down her wife's arms.

Leaning closer Nina raised an eyebrow as her lips hovered only an inch away from her wife's. "We had fun didn't we?" She said softly looking into her wife's eyes.

"Mm." Lain smirked leaning the rest of the way sealing the gap between them. "That has got to have been one of the best company trips I've ever taken."

"You're one to talk, if memory serves me right only one of us got to enjoy themselves on that trip." Nina seductively said pulling out with her wife's lips within her teeth gently.

Gasping in disbelief Lain shook her head away as she pushed Nina off of her. Sending her wife onto her back on the couch, it was Lain's turn to be over her. "And if my memory serves me right, only one of us got a ring originally." Silencing the woman down underneath her she nodded in victory.

"Oh come on, that's not fair. I didn't know you were planning to propose that's why. You had time to find a ring, it's not my fault it took me almost a year to find yours."

"Babe if you didn't procrastinate for months you would've gotten it sooner."

"No-" Lain put her hand up as she cut her wife off. Just smirking with a raised eyebrow the woman caved in. "Fine you win. Just be happy I went with a real diamond and not the fake." She chuckled as her wife got off the couch.

Holding her hand out to help Nina up, Lain laughed. "Then it's a good thing you didn't pay too close attention to yours." Lain said sneakily as the mocha beauty suddenly looked down on her hand closely examining the shiny "diamond" on her finger.

Bringing her hand close to her mouth she took a deep breathe in before blowing out on it through her mouth. Watching as the fog of her breathe disappeared within only a second sent her into relief. "Nope, definitely a priceless jewel."

"Keep up with all your sass towards me and you'll have to do the fog test everyday just to test if I've taken back the expensive ring I bought you and replaced it with a fake."

Gasping Nina held the finger with her ring close to her chest. "You wouldn't dare?!"

"Oh babe, but I would." Lain grinned mischievously. 

Already knowing the personality of her wife Nina gulped as she nodded to her terms not wanting to have to worry everyday about her precious gift.

After some time to switch topics, the couple found themselves back on the couch talking amongst themselves. "So, we're going to tell the girls today?" Nina asked after remember what was most important to her at the moment.

"Babe, I know you want to tell them early but I just think it's too soon." Lain said. "Today just isn't the day. Maybe we can try by the end of the week." She compromised.

Sighing Nina nodded. "Alright fine. A week it is."

Finally having come upon an agreement the women got themselves comfortable on the couch once again as they returned to hunting for a movie they were trying to find in the first place.
———————————————————————————
Let me know what you think. Thanks Lexx signing off