Chapter 59: Disappearing Act

"Next guest please." The woman behind the ticket booth called out.

As the couple and Kaila walked over, Kaila instantly hid her tiny figure behind Lain while Nina handled their purchase. Lain could feel Kaila gripping onto the back of her shirt as her forehead rested against her back.

Trying to comfort her little girl, she reached behind her to rub Kaila's arms soothingly. Feeling the small girl getting closer Lain turned around and wrapped her arm around Kaila's shoulders instead as she pulled her close.

"Babe?" Lain's attention was taken off of Kaila as Nina held her hand out towards her wife. Rolling her eyes as she chuckled, the tan woman pulled her wallet back out and handed her card over to her wife to finish the transaction.

"Thank you." Nina blew her a kiss as she handed it to the woman sitting at the desk.

And as fast as it was for Kaila's nerves to kick in was the same time it took for them to get their tickets. After thanking the woman sitting across from them at the desk, the three of them made their way towards the aquarium entrance.

Standing in front of the doors to the tall building, Nina handed a bulky looking man standing outside the door their tickets. They watched as he punched a hole in them before welcoming the family into the attraction.

"Here we go!" Nina hummed as she grabbed a hold of Kaila's hand again as the man opened the entrance door for them revealing what looked to be a dark tunnel with only faint blue hues to fill their dark entrance.

Scared by the entrance alone, Kaila pulled both Lain and Nina towards her as the women walked in. "I'm scared." Kaila admitted quietly as the darkness continued with no end in sight.

"It's alright." Lain assured. "There's nothing to be scared of here."

Pressing onwards the sound of people chatting started getting louder by the second. Curious as to find where the noise was coming from, a few feet ahead of them was a black tarp draped from the roof with a split in the center.

Going through the tarp revealed the people on the other side looking in awe at the fishes swimming all around the tunnel they were currently standing in. The only light source was the ones in the tank with the fish, producing the blue hue from earlier as it reflected through the water.

"Kaila look." Nina pointed as a turtle swam right over their heads on the glass tunnel.

Entranced by the creature, the other families and friends that also occupied this space didn't seem to matter anymore. Following the turtle swimming all along the top of the glass tunnel, they eventually found themselves in a new area.

At the other end of the tunnel had a large open room. Glass walls were everywhere showcasing the different species that resides in the habitat.

"Mommy. Mama. Go there?" Kaila asked tugging lightly on the women's arms towards an empty spot that had different aquatic statues.

"Of course baby. Lead the way." Lain insisted as the women followed wherever their little girl was dragging them.

Giggling as she ran over to the statues, the young girl hugged on tightly to the statue resembling the same turtle friend she had made earlier. "Is that your favorite?" Nina chuckled as the girl nodded.

"Turtles." She said looking in pure excitement at the creature.

"That's right honey. It is a turtle." Lain cheered as she snapped a picture of her adorable little girl still hugging the turtle statue that was nearly the same height as her.

"The shark exhibit will be conducting feeding in five minutes." A loud man's voice over the intercoms went off.

"Sharks?!" Kaila jumped off the statue. "I wanna see!" She bounced back to the couple.

My Life My RulesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara