Chapter 86: Sudden Awakening

And just as Lain had predicted, Nina got an unexpected wake up call on their way to their top secret destination.

Screaming as high as they could, all the girls in back were glued as they looked out Lauren's window seeing a familiar scene. Their sudden shouts had caused the sleeping woman to jerk up as she hit her head against her window. "Ouch!" She groaned grabbing hold of the beating spot on her forehead. "Why's everyone scream-"

The woman couldn't even finish her sentence before her entire mouth dropped open as she stared out the window in awe too.

Coming around the corner, the girls and Nina watched as an amusement park came out from over the hill. But it wasn't just any amusement park, no, it was something special to Lain. Because standing in front of them was the same park the couple took Kaila and Lauren too so many months ago.

The same park that the girls were too afraid and anxious to enter, Lain hoped they'd find comfort in the couples presence and be able to enjoy themselves today. And if not, there was always that same little bowling alley sitting near the front gates to the park that they could always go to instead. But for the most part Lain was sure her girls would be able to experience something as exciting as an amusement park, worst case scenario would be needing some comfort from the women which they would gladly give.

"Mommy this the surprise?!" Lauren said as she nearly drooled from the sight as Kaila giggled. She had leaned over to shut the girls gapping mouth for her.

"It is. I was thinking you girls would like to have some fun today, so I hope you don't mind me bringing you all here." Lain said playfully looking back through the rear view mirror as she saw all her girls looking out with a bright light coming off of them. Clearly they didn't mind at all.

"Mama look at the lights!" Faye shouted happily pointing towards the red and green patterned lights that laid all along the top of the fence surrounding the parks entranceway. On top of the lights there were other decorations as well. With fake snow laid out on the greenery and wreaths hanging on all the park doors, the Christmas spirit was spreading as holiday songs rang out for miles.

While the small family had visited the park several times before, they hadn't once visited during the cool winter season. Especially when all the festive decorations were put out in place.

"I see them." Nina replied, however, she was too fazed to even really process what her little girl had said. She was too caught up in all the different Christmas trees placed around the parks entrance, as well as, a picture line with real reindeer dressed in red coats.

"We need to come here more often during Christmas time." She told her wife as Lain chuckled and pulled into an empty spot.

As eager as ever everyone was tugging the belts off of their laps. Which unfortunately meant the girls were whining when they ran into some trouble with theirs. "Hey girls calm down." Lain said helping the girls on her side out while Nina helped the other. "We're going girls, be careful now. We're in a parking lot." She said making sure they didn't run off after being placed on the floor.

But the girls couldn't wait any longer.

Luckily for the family, there surprisingly wasn't many people at the park based on the turnout in the parking lot. That fact made them all happy as it meant shorter lines for all the attractions as well as another level of comfortability for their littlest.

"I wanna reindeer!" Kaila squealed trying to run over to where a booth was set in place where reindeer were attached to a plastic sleigh for kids to climb into.

"Not so fast." Nina tugged her hand back. Whining as she was whisked back to the woman's side, Kaila looked up at her angrily. "Don't give me those eyes. There's a line eager beaver. We've got to wait our turns."