Chapter 1: Pay Attention

"Let's go!"

"Move it!"

"Times not ticking any slower ladies! Prepare yourselves, it's bidding day!"

A man with a deep harsh voice shouted startling a small fragile girl with long blond hair. Her hands were shackled to the cold stone walls of this icy prison.

Watching as the flame of a torch grew brighter through the crack on her cell door she saw his face. It was chiseled and strong. He looked at her slumped over body on the floor before throwing the door open. The keys dangling from his pocket.

"I said to prepare yourselves." He growled as he stood the frightened girl up, pinning her back against the grey brick wall with his hand tightly held around her throat. She whimpered as his body got closer to hers. "Do we slouch?" He maniacally whispered into her ear.

Shaking her head her body trembled as she attempted to straighten up, but his grip on her neck wasn't letting go. "Say it." He demanded out of her as he pressed her body back down towards the floor.

"No sir." She gasped out as the air in her lungs began running out.

The man chuckled and smirked before letting her up. "Step outside." He ordered. As he followed closely behind her, outside she saw an entire line made up of the girls who are also locked down here all attached to a long singular chain.

A man, smaller the first approached her, grabbing her wrists rough. Attaching the shackles already on her wrists to the long chain, the scared girl found herself at the back of the line walking with them as several girls got places behind her.

She watched as a girl who looked even more scared than she was with brown hair and tan skin was forcefully removed from her cell. Practically being dragged by her hair, she squealed and pouted as the man with muscle chained her at the end of the line.

"Now that you're all here listen carefully." He spoke as he walked back towards the front of the line where his brother stood. "If I see one of you stop walking, I will personally take you to the locker room." He shouted loudly so the girls all the way in the back could hear him as well.

And once everyone was aware of the situation they began to march. With them all on the metal leash the two men running the entire operation lead them up a long spiral flight of stairs. It seemed like ten whole minutes went by before her eyes burnt from the small peep of light shining in through the upstairs window.

Her body ached as she took every step. She wanted desperately to cry and stop moving but the men holding the chain at the front of the line would noticed. And the last thing she wanted was to be sent back to the locker room.

Walking til her feet felt like they were going to bleed. The girl found herself up on surface level. Her eyes nearly glued themselves shut from the horrendous sunlight beaming down on them.

She walked with her eyes partially closed until the line in front of her suddenly came to a stop. Freezing in place she tried holding her eyes open as best she could. The man who had just yanked her out of her "room" was now walking back down the line with his arms held behind his back.

"Ok listen up." He said firmly standing in the middle of the line where all the girls were able to see him. "What is today?!" He shouted.

"Bidding day!" They all responded in unison. The way their voice quivered and shook, the man grinned in pleasure.

"And what are the rules to bid day?!"

"No talking, no looking, head high but eyes down."

Grinning even wider he nodded with satisfaction. "Tonight we have a full house. And I'm sure you all know what that means. If you so happen to get chosen tonight you will be taken into their custody. You are to do as they say, when they say."