Chapter 12: Game Time

Passing by the new buildings around, the silence started creeping back into the car. It became apparent that all the tall city buildings were no longer in sight, the girls could tell they were getting further out of the city limits which worried them more.

They couldn't recall exactly where the facility they were trapped in was, but they knew it was out of the city.

Slowly they had stopped eating the delicious food in their laps as they felt their stomachs turning inside out with uncertainty. Catching a glimpse of them from the front seat, Lain finished taking a sip of her drink before clearing her throat.

She took it upon herself to start up another conversation with the girls before they would lose the little progress they were making. "So who's ready for game time?" She hummed as the two girls in the back avoided all eye contact with her.

"Babe you go first." Lain said as she looked towards the waiting woman in the drivers seat. "What's something you absolutely love?" She said with a hint of charm in her voice.

"What do I love?" The woman repeated back to herself as she gave herself time to ponder as she ate her food even slower than normal. It was painfully watching as she moved in slow motion. "My family." She finally replied.

Lain sighed as she laughed. "Took you long enough, I thought that one was going to be an easy one."

"It was easy babe, I was just finishing what was in my mouth." The woman sarcastically defended as she chuckled.

Lain turned around to look at both girls. "Who wants to go next?"

She was met with two completely frozen girls. With both pairs of eyes staring down at the car floor, Lain couldn't help but smirk at them. The outfits she had chosen from them fit each girl perfectly while giving them an adorable look.

"Come on girls it's not as bad as you think it is." Nina assured as she peaked at the sight from the rear view mirror.

Looking at one another the two girls in the back silently pleaded for the other to go first. But seeing as how neither of them were budging Lain picked for them. "Alright then Kaila I'll ask you first." She chose.

The girl in the hot seat looked like she was paused. The only thing moving was the way her eyes scanned the car cautiously.

"What's the strangest thing you've ever done?" She asked lightheartedly not wanting to go digging into anything personal quite yet.

"Um..." the girl said as she blinked slowly looking at the white shoes on her feet that the women had helped her put on.

The girl tried to think of an answer but nothing seemed to be coming to mind. She just felt herself getting hotter as she could feel all the other sets of eyes staring at her. She tried to scavenge through her brain for anything, but for every second that passed an avalanche of emotion washed over Kaila.

She didn't want to be in trouble for taking too long to answer, however, in fear of being punished for not answering she continued on with her constant thinking.

"Hey Kay just relax. Remember it's only a game. There's no right or wrong answer now, we just want to get to know you better." Lain told her as she closed her food tray and set in on the floor away from her.

Giving Kaila another minute or two to think about it, the small girl finally had her answer. Lifting her head up she locked eyes with Lain. "I...I used to hide in a pot." She admitted shyly before hiding behind her hair.

Immediately Nina laughed envisioning the picture of Kaila just chilling in a plant pot on an outside porch. "Why a pot?" She asked.

"C-cause my parents used to have a house in a bad neighborhood, and there was this girl who would bully me after school. She would chase me sometimes so I used to hide in our planter so she couldn't see me." She muttered embarrassed by the whole situation.