Chapter 46: Urgent Wake Up Call

A week had passed since the small family's expedition to the park when Lauren and Faye were out playing in their backyard, while Kaila was still inside taking her evening nap.

With Nina outside watching the two girls running around throwing the autumn leaves at one another, Lain was indoors doing chores around the house as she waited for the little girl upstairs to wake up.

Prior to the girls nap, the couple had just finished feeding the girls some lunch. After some nuggets and fries Kaila made her way upstairs with Lain going down easily for her nap. Lauren on the other hand was too hyper from the energy she obtained from her food that she needed to run a marathon before she'd settle down enough for a nap.

Always ready to play, Faye insisted on going outside for an adventure to which Nina happily obliged. If it meant Lauren would go down for her nap easier afterwards then to the woman it was worth it.

Now with nearly every chore for the day done, Lain could hear some commotion going on upstairs.

First there was a rattle of footsteps marching across the floor from one side of the house to the other. Already worrying enough, but soon after the footsteps were followed by the loud sound slam of a door.

Uneasy about all the ruckus, Lain dropped the shirt she was currently folding in the living room and raced as fast as she could up the stairs.

Going straight to Kaila's room she wasn't surprised to find it empty. Trying to listen for any sound coming from around the floor, she gently called out the girls name hearing no response. Instead the only signal guiding her was the soft whimpers seemingly coming out from the shut bathroom door.

Immediately going for the handle, Lain frowned finding it locked. "Kaila? Are you alright in there?" She asked concerned still twisting the locked knob. "Can you open the door for mommy please baby?"

"No! Go away!" She shouted back through the door sounding as if her whimpers turned into heavier tears.

"Sweetheart what's wrong?" Lain persisted determined not to move from this spot.

"Just go away!" Her voice cracked as she sniffled loudly in between her words. Hiccuping as she spoke there was a long pause before she begged for the woman outside to leave for the third time. "Please leave me alone."

Hurt by the sorrow filled tone her little girl had, Lain was scrambling in her head thinking of what she could do.

Sighing when her thoughts turned up empty the woman reluctantly let go of the door knob as she backed away from the bathroom. "Okay honey. I'll just wait for you in your room then. When you're ready to come out and talk we can do it in there." She said about to walk away before the bathroom door swung open.

"No! Stop!" Kaila rushed out into view with her hands pushed out towards Lain. "Don't go in there!" She shouted louder than she had anticipated.

Whipping her attention back to the bathroom door, Lain gasped. Trying to cover it up with a cough her eyes were as big as could be to see Kaila standing in the doorway with her pajamas on. With one exception. One thing that certainly wasn't there when she fell asleep earlier. Was the little dark damp spot on her pants that instantly took the woman by surprise.

"I...I-I can explain!" She shouted throwing her hands down to cover herself as soon as she saw Lain's eyes trailing down to the point on her pants.

Blushing as she turned around to hide herself, that did her no good as it gave Lain a full view of her rear end which was covered in an even larger dark spot than the front.

At a loss for words Lain slowly approached the now crying girl and put her hand upon the girls shoulder. Spinning her around to face her, Lain looked down at Kaila's sorry face. Cupping her chin within her gentle grip, Lain lifted her face until their eyes met.