Chapter 90: Cafe of Fun

"Don't go running too far off now!" Nina shouted as her girls, Rosy, and Zander ran off towards the playground.

A week had passed and the family were celebrating the passing of another week with a play date. Alia had reached out earlier into the week to set up this arrangement with the couple seeing as the girls had been distant from her center for quite some time. Wanting to catch up, she thought this was the perfect opportunity to do so.

And no way could she check on her clients without her partner. While Alex chased after the kids in a game of tag, the couple and Alia found a nice bench under the warm sun to keep their frozen bodies defrosted.

"It's nice getting to see you two again. I'll say I miss having the girls over." Alia said.

"Yeah, sorry about that. We've just been having a lot of...well personal issues lately." Lain sped through not wanting to have to delve too far into details of personal information.

"Oh no don't apologize! I'm sorry to hear about that. I hope things have gotten better since then."

"Much actually. Things have been turning up lately." Nina added as she wrapped her arm around the shoulders of her shivering wife. Throwing her scarf over Lain's neck, the tan woman smirked as she leaned back into her wife's side. "But how have things been for you?"

"I hate to admit it but things are going slow. Usually around this time of year Alex and I set up a whole Christmas themed week for the kids but with most of them gone for the season, it's been rather tough on Rose. She loves the company but she'll be fine."

"Well Rose is always welcome to come around any time if she'd like three crazy girls to keep her company." The tan woman offered.

"Thank you, but I'm sure you already have enough on your plate. I wouldn't want to be a bother."

"Really Alia, it's not a problem at all. Lain and I are doing much better now. Your girl is welcome over anytime."

Smiling as she accepted the offer, Alia reached over on the bench giving the couple a thankful hug. "If you ever need someone to watch your girls, you know where to look." She insisted back.

While the three women caught back up with one another, there was a moment when Zander chased down Faye in his duty to tag her, but in the heat of the moment the small boy stumbled over a dip in the dirt floor that sent him flying forward.

Landing on Faye's back, the two of them collapsed onto the ground crying in hysterics as Alex approached out of breathe.

The man had given up after the first twenty minute, he desperately needed a break. Chasing five little ones just beaming with energy was too draining for the poor man. He figured Zander would be a suitable replacement for the time being, but he didn't take into account the clumsiness of his little boy.

As soon as Faye's body hit the ground first a loud heart aching cry roared out.

Drawing the women's attention they were all worried to see the aftermath of their innocent game. "Oh baby, what happened?!" Lain said as she grabbed Faye out of Alex's arms as tears poured effortlessly down her cheeks.

Too sore to speak the little girl buried her head deep into Lain's neck trying to heal her hurting body but the women just pulled her out gently so she could inspect her better.

While Nina and Lain searched Faye, Alia and Alex checked on Zander's being.

Seeing nothing but a few scratches on her arms, their little girl was going to be just fine. "Is she alright?" Alex asked as he held the boy in his arms patting his back as he cried.