Chapter 16: Clues

The minute breakfast was over the two women brought the girls from the dining room into the living room where they already had blankets in place. Letting the girls get themselves comfortable besides one another, Nina had tossed one of the blankets over them making sure they were warm.

Nina wanted to coo as Lauren curled right up underneath the blanket unknowingly getting closer to the woman. The mocha beauty bit her lip trying hard not to lift the girl up right then and there and sit her upon her lap, holding her safe and sound as she smothered her in kisses.

Once they were settled both woman grabbed a blanket for themselves keeping warm as the nice Fall weather began to set in.

"Did you girls have anything that you wanted to do today?" Lain asked.

Never had the girls been asked what they wanted. Shaking their heads they didn't want to test their luck. Even though one sugary treat that Kaila was promised came back into her mind.

She desperately wanted to say something, but with Lauren looking down in her lap not saying anything the girl felt discouraged. She didn't want to be the only one to make a suggestion.

Seeing as both girls shook their heads, Lain spoke up. "So I know you girls have been using some of our clothes lately, but Nina and I were talking last night and we want to get you girls your own." Lain said with a smile.

Immediately both girls faces fell in nervous anticipation.

"And in order for us not to go into the actual mall, we were just going to have you both look online." Lain assured as their sudden drop disappeared. "You girls can get whatever you want."

Kaila and Lauren looked at each other excited. Part of them frightened, another part nervous, but a large portion was filled with  joy.

"That means we don't have to wear Faye's clothes anymore?" Kaila asked innocently catching Lain completely off guard.

"What?" Lain asked in confusion and shock.

"W-When we get new clothes we won't have to wear Faye's anymore, right?" She said softer the second time around afraid that her question was wrong.

Nina looked away from the girls and towards her wife seeing her looking directly at her with a raised eyebrow. Her wife's intense stare was beaming her down with questions.

"Kaila and I had a talk earlier, didn't we?" She asked watching as the girl timidly nodded before looking away from Lain. "She just had something she wanted to ask me about."

"Was it something good?" Lain asked wanting to know all the details. Unsure how to answer Nina shrugged. "Is it bad?" Again she shrugged.

While Kaila was too afraid to talk to Lain about her discussion with Nina, she was definitely more confused as to why the woman didn't just talk about their discussion now. That only made the curious fire grow even more inside the poor girl.

She wanted to know even more desperately than before why Lain had said what she did last night. While Nina's explanation to Lain's words was sufficient, she wanted more. Her curiosity was so big she almost needed to know.

"Who's Faye?" Lauren asked being the most confused of the bunch.

"Faye is our baby." The tan woman responded still in her state of shock. "She's currently away while Nina and I make sure you girls are taken care of. She'll be back as soon as you girls are ready for that."

Lauren nodded before catching sight of something. "Wait?" She said aloud scratching her head.

"Lauren, what's the matter?" Nina asked concerned.