Chapter 97: Inside Job

Start from the beginning

Each girl made it their own personal duty to make one part of the snowman. While Faye built the largest body of snow, Lauren made one similar in size however it was sightly smaller, and Kaila got the tiniest of them all.

Laughing as they watched their snowballs grow and grow, they regrouped and piled their creations on top of one another.

They giggled seeing it nearly complete. "Find sticks!" Faye shouted as she raced with the other girls over to the trees.

"Got one." Kaila held up one of the sticks they were looking for.

Taking the item from the girls hand, Faye rushed to put it into the snowman's middle torso.

Still looking for another one through the thick snow, Lauren came across one while she was trying to get her boot unstuck from a hole she had created earlier. Once she got her leg pulled out of it, she could see the frozen grass underneath and a stick buried under the snow.

Digging it out quickly, she smiled before running back to the others. Placing her stick opposite to Faye's the girls were nearly complete.

Pulling out some rocks she found from out of her pocket, Faye placed them on the smallest portion of the snowman. After placing two eyes down she lined him a mouth.

Not wanting to rush inside to grab any other materials for it, the girls called him complete.

Giggling as she came in to give the man of snow a hug, Kaila didn't mind that fact her face was frozen by the time she let him go.

With all of their fun happening they didn't even notice that more than three hours had passed. And as their hands became numb and their toes started to freeze they decided to call it a day. They had fun outside but they were getting unbearably cold now.

Rushing into the safety of the warm house, the girls stripped themselves out of their wet and snow covered gear and threw it on the floor near the door.

"Look." Lauren said from ahead of the others. Faye and Kaila walked away from the back door to see Lauren all bundled up in a warm heavy weighted fuzzy blanket in the living room.

Looking excited by the object, the other girls rushed into the blanket besides her. Immediately they could all feel their bodies slowly starting to warm up. Without saying a word they all enjoyed the warmth they revived.

As they slowly began to start feeling their hands and feet again conversation struck them. But not between themselves, instead they got into a conversation when they heard Nina's phone going off from besides them.

Being the closest, Faye picked it up and saw Nelson's name written across the screen. She beamed with excitement as she answered the ringing phone. "Hi!" She squealed.

"Faye?"

"Mhm." She said proudly.

"Where's mama?"

"Uh..." she looked at the girls besides her. "Where's mama?" She asked but they both shrugged. "Don't know." She told the man.

She could hear him sigh disappointedly over the other end followed by frantic whispers. Amongst the faint mumbles she heard the man saying, "Nina isn't there...we should tell them now...they can help...we can trust them." Then all his whispering stopped.

"Are Kaila and Lauren with you?" He asked. Nodding her head Faye forgot about Nelson's current whereabouts. "Faye? Are you there?" He asked.

"Oh," the little girl remembered. "They're here."

"Okay good. Is mommy and mama away from you all?"

"Yes." She responded this time.

"Where are you girls?"

"In the living room."

"Do Uncle Nelson a favor, go into the bedroom downstairs and shut the door." While she tilted her head with confusion Faye was intrigued about finding out where this was leading. Taking the others with her, they all moved into the room as instructed and shut the door behind them.

"Done." She told him.

"Okay put me on speaker." Tapping the button she placed the phone down on the floor as all three of them laid on their stomachs surrounding it. "Can all you girls hear me now?"

"Yes." They all responded.

"Can you three keep a secret?" He asked playfully making them look to one another excitedly.

"Yes!" They responded louder before the man shushed them through the phone.

They could hear him laughing from excitement as well. "Alright, what I'm about to tell you girls cannot leave this room. This has to stay between you girls and me. You can't tell mama or mommy, it'll ruin the whole surprise." He told them ominously. "Think you girls can keep this big of a secret for me?"

Before responding they all looked to one another silently agreeing amongst themselves to keep the secret that they braced themselves for.

As the man spoke and unveiled his master plan to the girls, bright smiles couldn't leave their faces. There were tears shed but that didn't stop them from smiling. They grew more excited as the man spoke. All the details seemed remarkable and they knew the women were going to be thrilled to experience the surprise.

"Did you girls get all that?" Nelson asked after dumping weeks of information onto them at once.

With tears pouring down her cheeks from happiness Faye answered him while the other girls were too choked up to speak.

"Remember now you girls can't say anything about the plans. I'm counting on you three to play your parts."

"We can do it." Lauren said determined before wiping the tears falling out of her eyes.

"Alright good. Don't forget what you girls have to do. I'll see you all on Friday."

"Bye." They all told him before the line went blank.

Left alone to themselves now, the girls looked at each other with flushed faces and puffy eyes. "This is gonna be the best year ever!" Kaila squealed.

They all couldn't wait for this week to come to its end.

They women were surely in for a treat.
———————————————————————————
Let me know what you think. Thanks Lexx signing off