Chapter 93: A Festive Distraction

Начните с самого начала

Looking unimpressed with her arms crossed in front of her chest, Lain watched as her wife disappeared out the front door with the others. "She's lucky I love her." Lain whispered over to Lauren as she rolled her eyes.

Giggling as she ran over to hug the woman's strong stance, Lauren looked up at her with innocent eyes. "Can we please get a big tree mommy?" Lauren asked hoping that the gesture would play out in her favor.

Unable to look her little girl in the eyes and deny her of her tree, Lain sighed. "Fine." She said just wanting to get a tree already. "But when we get it we're forcing mama to decorate the entire top of it by herself."

Giggling as she clapped her hands and nodded Lauren squealing running to the doorway as she hummed Christmas tunes in her head.

To say the woman was a Christmas fanatic wouldn't be strong enough. Lain absolutely loved this time of year. Everything from the lights, to music, to decorations. She couldn't wait until her whole house smelled of pine and nothing but snowmen and snowflakes filled their home.

By the time they arrived at the shop, Faye and Lauren had to be held back from running off into the garden area displaying the different tree options.

While Kaila and Nina were slowly following behind, Lain was off dancing between trees as her and the other girls were in the process of making the crucial choice of deciding which tree to get.

The smell of pine filled the open air and nothing but greenery was in sight. Hearing Christmas songs playing overhead, Lauren and Faye could be seen dancing along with Lain as they searched for their tree.

"Mama?" Kaila whispered to the woman who was bored out of her mind as she kept a distant from her over enthusiastic wife.

"Yes?" Nina bend down closer to her level unable to hear her over the loud music. "Can we get sissy and mommy presents?" She hesitantly asked.

"That's a great idea Kaila!" Nina perked up. Finally there was something fun she could look forwards to! "We'll be back babe!" She shouted to her wife before wandering off with Kaila in her hands.

Quickly making her way out of that pine infested garden, Nina was happy to see something other than a tree as they entered the main shop.

Together the two of them looked around carefully for any good gifts. "What do you think about this?" Nina held up a fuzzy blanket with pastel colors printed in a rainbow pattern along it.

But Kaila shook her head uninterested in the woman's choice. "Not that."

"What's wrong with this?"

"I don't like it."

"Well then you'd better start finding some things of your own because so far mama's been the only one finding things and you keep saying no to them. Is nothing here suitable for mommy and sissy's?" She asked.

And not to her surprise Kaila shook her head. "I want them have the bestest gifts ever! But your picking out all the boring ones."

"Excuse me little girl?" Nina scoffed. "Then what do you think we should get them instead?" She asked straightforwards this time rather than guessing around the girls verbal cues about that she wanted.

"Toys!" She cheered.

Facepalming as she chuckled Nina dragged her fingers down her face. "Toys?...You girls have enough toys already. Why do sissy's need more?"

"Cause they're fun." Kaila said obviously. "Let's go mama." The excited girl pulled Nina out of their current aisle and wandered over into toys area.