Chapter 90: Cafe of Fun

Start from the beginning

Nodding Lain rocked their little girl before taking her back to the bench to rest, while Nina handled the conversation. "She's fine. What about Zander?"

"Oh him, he's a tough one. He's been through worst." Alex shrugged but nonetheless gave the boy all the affection and comfort he could desire. "I'm sorry he knocked Faye down."

"It's alright. Accident are bound to happen."

"Mama, sissy gonna be okay?" Lauren asked as she panted hard to catch her breathe. The screams of the little girl drew her out of her hiding spot. It wasn't much long after when Kaila caught up to them in her thick coat. Her beanie was all twisted up and her face was a bright shade of pink.

As Nina nodded she fixed the hat upon Kaila's head. "Sissy's going to be just fine sweethearts. She's just going to be sitting out for a while with mommy." She said with them in her embrace.

Peaking over towards Lain holding Faye in her lap, the two worried girls looked at one another sadly. They were busy hiding away that they didn't even know what happened until it was too late.

"Where's Rosy?" Nina asked them.

They shrugged. "Still hiding." Kaila pointed towards the playground that offered hundred of different hiding options for the small girl.

"Alright well I say that's enough playing for today." Alia said as she clasped her hands together. "I'm going to go find Rosy. What do you all say about going to grab some dinner together?"

"I think that sounds nice Alia." Alex answered as Zander's tears settled. The man could only feel his boy breathing heavy as his shaking body laid still in his warm grip.

The woman smiled as she turned to Nina who said. "I'll tell Lain the plans." And with that Alia was off to the playground in search for her missing girl. "Come on girls. Let's tell mommy we're getting dinner out tonight." Nina grabbed Lauren and Kaila's hands as she walked over to her Lain.

"I know princess, mommy's got you." They overheard as Lain bounced Faye in her lap. Gently shushing her baby the woman looked at her family approaching with tender eyes. "What're you all doing over here?"

"Alia suggested we get dinner now seeing as Faye and Zander are pretty out of it." Nina informed.

"Hear that baby, were going to get some yummy food." She tried cheering up the sad girl in her arms but Faye was too lost in pain to care. "Where is Alia anyways?"

"Looking for Rosy. We're going to leave after she finds her."

Leaving Nina side to climb on top of the bench besides Lain and Faye, Kaila leaned into the sobbing girls side. Pressing her head softly onto her back Kaila wanted to comfort Faye too.

The women proudly smiled as Lain reached over rubbing Kaila's arm soothingly.

While the family rested briefly, Alia eventually found Rose hidden behind a far tree. "We told you not to go too far." They could hear Alia scolding her before they reached the group. "No wonder you couldn't hear all the commotion going on earlier."

"Sorry mommy." Rose muttered with blushed filled cheeks. She was embarrassed to be the only one left out while everyone else was alerted with the news of Zander and Faye's tears.

Letting it slip by this time, Alia returned as Alex and their littles walked towards the family. "Who's all ready for food now?!" Alia asked after a swift change in moods.

"Me!" The group was surprised to see Zander had wiped the tears from his saddened eyes as he turned to face them excitedly.

"Look who's better." Alex chuckled. "It's a good thing food always makes you feel better buddy."

Wiggling down from Alex's hold, Zander stood at his side with his head hung low. "Don't get all shy on me now," Alex teased, "you're the one who got better after hearing about food."

"It does though." Keeping his head hung Alex chuckled lightly while his hands found their way into his boys hands.

After the rest of the group had stifled their laughter, Alia spoke. "I know the perfect place we should go to eat. Just follow our car."

"Sure thing." Lain chuckled from the woman's excitement.

As the group split into their separate cars, as instructed, they all followed Alia to their surprise place to eat.

During the car ride over, the scratches on top of Faye's arms stopping hurting as bad. The little girl was thankful she had lost no blood, but she still hated the way her sensitive skin burned at the touch. Letting the pain severity lessen over the course of their drive, the couple were happy to find Faye happy again as she talked to the girls besides her.

Crossing their fingers as they hoped that nothing else would happen tonight, the couple took their girls inside their destination to join the others for a meal.

"This place is cool!" Lauren gasped with glee.

In an almost arcade looking cafe, laid old retro games towards the back of the colorfully lit building with neatly made tables in the front.

Seeing the others had gotten a table for them already in a less crowded corner, the family walked over and sat besides them.

The customer service was lovely, the meals were fresh, and the games were fun. Dinner to the couple and girls were a complete success.

"You really did pick a good place to go Alia. I didn't even know this place existed." Alex said from besides his partner with his hands over his full stomach.

"I didn't either. Apparently they opened years ago though, Rose was the one who found this place when she was looking online and suggested we check it out."

"Well I'm glad she did. It's nice here." Lain added as she glanced over occasionally to the kids who were in the back playing with a few of the old box games.

After checking the time on her watch Nina sighed. "I think we should be heading out soon it's getting pretty close to the girls bedtime."

Surprised by the time on her phone Alia looked shocked. "I didn't know we were out that long!"

"Time flies when you're having fun." Alex laughed.

"Or when your constantly trying to make sure that your little ones are doing good and that all their needs are met." Nina said suddenly as everyone both sighed and chuckled out of relatability.

Letting the kids finish up with the last of their tokens, the friends had finally parted ways.

On the drive home, the girls in the back were all talking over one another as they tried to inform the women of all the achievements they got from their games.

In doing so, they were so loud that Lain missed the dinging on her phone that indicated several messages had been received.
———————————————————————————
Let me know what you think. Thanks Lexx signing off