Chapter 86: Sudden Awakening

Start from the beginning

"But I don't wanna wait. Wanna reindeer!" She shouted.

"Kaila, keep your voice down." Lain lightly scolded with Lauren and Faye in her hands. "We can see the reindeer when it's our turn."

"But-"

"No more buts you. The only butt I want to see is yours standing in line waiting patiently for your turn." Nina chuckled as she dragged Kaila towards the back of the line.

As they waited, the girls could hear people screaming and shouting with joy from inside the park. They were so close. But they couldn't miss the reindeer attraction, and as time ticked on and the sun got closer to the hills, Faye could barely hold still. She wanted to go on all the rides and see all the shops already.

Leaning into Lain's side dreadfully she looked down at her feet wanting this boring line experience to end.

Several groups of families and friends later and the girls finally made it to the front of the line. Being next, they ran in eagerly looking at the reindeer but were too afraid to touch them. The gentle creatures were occupied eating their mid morning snack out of the hands of their human assistants as the girls watched them from afar.

"Go sit in the sleigh girls." Lain said as Nina readied herself with her phone on full display. Getting a perfect shot of them all happily cheering towards the woman's screen they finally got what they desperately wanted.

A fun photo to start the day off.

"So what first? Food, rides, or games?" Nina asked as she swayed her and Kaila's arms back and forth the instant they purchased their tickets and were allowed entrance into the park.

"Games!"

"Rides!"

"Food!"

The couple stared blankly as each of their girls responded with a different answer. Laughing at her wife's face, Lain found the moment to be priceless. "You set yourself up for that one babe." She said.

"Well I didn't expect them all to pick a different choice." Nina defended as she chuckled nervously looking at her anxiously awaiting girls while she tried to decide what to do first. "How about we just stand here and look at all these Christmas decorations? Look see there's a light pole they've decorated like a candy cane, oh and over there is a large gingerbread house that I bet we can walk through, and look on that side..." the woman would've kept describing all the different types of decorations they had but the girls had other plans.

"Mommy can we play games first?" Lauren asked when she remembered that they had passed an large assortment of games where the girls could have a chance to win a prize.

"But I wanted to go on the rides already! The line outside was long, I wanna do something fun now!" Faye complained.

"Hungry." Kaila said with a pout as she patted her stomach lightly.

Sighing the women looked to one another as they planned out a quick plan. "Alright girls, how about we all go on one ride for now and then we can stop by to get you all something to eat while we look around for a game to play? Does that sound fair?" Lain said with her fingers crossed.

After several seconds of the girls debating between one another, they all came to a conclusion. They nodded their heads in unison as they accepted Lain's proposal as they couldn't wait any longer to hurry and get started.

Feeling successful in her plan so far, the women took hold of their girls hands yet again as they strolled down the festive decorative pathways. Looking for all three of the girls activities at once, Nina and Lain knew what attractions they would be coming back to.

Keeping up with her plan, as promised, Faye got to drive a small vehicle sitting on top a predetermined track while the others sat back casually in the same vehicle enjoying the view as they tried to ignore the constant hitting of the railings Faye steered them into.

The extremely happy girl giggled the entire way. She didn't care if she was hitting the railing. And neither did the others. They were all laughing together again, and that was all that mattered.

The ride only lasted a few minutes as they got to drive around park, but as soon as Faye's attraction ended Kaila squealed in joy as she began the hunt for food.

After they searched part of the park for any vendor of her liking, Kaila finally spotted one she'd wanted to visit the most. Picking out a hot dog, the little girl ate it up gladly while the others shared different snacks too.

Lain and Nina shared a plate of nachos while the other girls shared some fries on the side. They waffles they ate earlier were starting to wear off, but the energy they got from their snacks made the family feel more energized than before.

"Okay Lauren, you're next." Nina cheered as Lauren skipped along side them in the almost empty pathways of the park. "See anything you want to play?" She asked.

"Um..." the little girl kept skipping as she didn't see any prize or game that won her attention. But spotting a giant life sized mermaid doll made Lauren do a double take. "That one!" She pointed bringing the family to the game.

Sitting on stools everyone paid attention as the attendee running the booth gave them the quick run down of the rules. "Shoot the water gun at the center of the target to make your ship rise. The first person to make it to the booty wins!" He said in a funny pirate accent.

Giggling as they all grabbed hold of the plastic water guns, the man started counting down until a steady stream of water squirted from the nozzle of the gun. Aiming for a little red dot several feet away from her, Lauren watched as a ship attached to her gun started sailing closer to some gold treasure. Despite missing for the most part, Lauren did indeed have fun.

She laughed the entire time and cheered as Faye ended up winning. "And we have a winner." The man announced as a loud siren blasted around them. "And what prize would you like?"

"Hm?" Faye questioned. She didn't really think about it. She was too caught up in thinking about her next ride that she didn't even notice she won, that was until Kaila whispered something into the indecisive girls ear.

Assuming Faye was getting whatever prize Kaila wanted, Lauren scooted closer to Nina's side not wanting to see what prize the girl had won in fear that not getting her mermaid would make her cry. "Lauren look!" Faye announced after quietly telling the man her prize request.

At first she shook her head and buried her face into Nina's shoulder, but even the woman chuckled. "You really should look honey." Nina suggested.

Tentatively peaking out, Lauren screamed louder than ever before as Faye held the exact mermaid she had dreamt about having. "Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!" She squealed hugging both Faye and Kaila as they passed over her prize.

Smiling proudly at the three of them together, Lain was already starting to feel like part of the family again. "Good date choice." Nina complimented seeing Lain's face of approval as she grabbed her wife's hand.

"Thanks." She said softly with a blush.

Nothing was going to go wrong. Especially today.

Repeating the same three step process every time of ride, small snack, and game each of the girls got to experience their choice of action throughout the length of the entire day.

Everyone couldn't have been happier.
—————————————————————————
Let me know what you think. Thanks Lexx signing off