Chapter 44 : Dinner with Chanyeol

The next day. Late Afternoon.

"Lay hyung! Did you find my homework in Calculus yet?" says Tao, throwing down the pills blocking the edges of the couch. Lay comfortably sits in an arm chair, a book on hand as he replies. "Ugh, wait. I was suppose to find it?"

Tao smacks him with a cushion, puffing his cheeks in anger. "Hey! The least you could do is lift a finger on this!" Lay chuckles, immediately lifting his finger up in the air. In the midst of a fit, Kyungsoo rushes down the staircase with a paper on hand, "What are you doing messing up the parlour room, Tao? Xiumin just cleaned this whole place up this morning. And your homework is here, you left it lying underneath your pillow."

Kyungsoo slaps the paper onto Tao's forehead, being Tao, he didn't even care just as long as he got his Calculus homework again. He makes a quick salute, "Thank you, Kyungsoo! You're always a life saver! See ya!" Tao runs back upstairs, waving his paper in the air. Before Lay could indulge in his book for good, he shockingly finds Chanyeol all prepped out for a "Date?" says Lay with a smirk.

Chanyeol releases a bashful look, "Y-Yeah. H-How do I look? Okay?" Kyungsoo whistles smoothly. "Well someone looks handsome today. You going out with Eun Hee today?" "How come you know about that?!" He panics. Kyungsoo and Lay hide a small titter, "Are you kidding, Chanyeol? We've been around you since grade school. There's not a thing we know about you."

Somehow, Chanyeol manages to shrug the flustered act and finally shows a content looking smile. "I guess there's no hiding it to you guys then." He lets out a sigh with honest eyes. Lay closes his book, standing up with grin. "It's great that you were able to shove away my words of discouragement and finally motivate yourself with what you desire, Chanyeol." says Lay, fixing Chanyeol's outfit.

Chanyeol plainly looks at him, wanting to embrace his closest friend, at the same time feel it'll be too gay at the moment. Instead, he cups Lay's cheeks with one hand as if playing with a child. "Don't forget who you're talking to, Lay. To have to hide it for this long, I don't think I could hold back anymore on what I feel. It's time to give it all I have."

In the distance, the sound of a wooden door closes. Lay takes back to his seat, looking as if he didn't move a budge when Eun Hee finally reaches the ground floor. "I-I'm sorry. Did you wait too long?" Chanyeol shakes his head frantically. "N-Not at all. Uhm, so, let's go?" "Yeah.."

The two set off side by side with the most tense aura Lay and Kyungsoo has ever seen. As soon as they were out of sight. Kyungsoo devilishly grins, "I bet you the best VIP tickets for the upcoming soccer match that Chanyeol would mess this date up." Lay snaps smartly, "Deal. In exchange, you give me your summer villa that I've been asking for you." The two nod their heads in agreement.

...

Meanwhile. Gold's Room. Kai's POV.

"You staying here, Jongin?" says Kris, piling up his paper work neatly by the side. I proceed to type the last requirement for my English paper due on Thursday, finally realizing the handful of calls my members hollered just now. I stare up to find them with a weary look. "Oh, uhm, I'll take a few more time to spend on my essay. You guys go ahead, I'll lock the door when I leave."

"Are you sure? It's fine if we wait for you to finish, Jongin. We don't really mind at all." says Kris, approaching with a friendlier aura than what he usually gives out. "It's fine. I'll be taking a bit too long for an essay, it'll be best if you guys take a proper rest. I'm sure you all have finished by now."

"But Jongin--" "E-Excuse me!" Our heads turn to the door to find a recognizable face of a female student from one of the Silver ranks. "Yes? What business do you have with us?" says Suho, flashing his irresistible charm and good looks. "I-I'm sorry. Was I interrupting something? I kept knocking on the door for quite a while now, so I thought I'd peek to see if anyone was still here.."