Chapter 102 : Motivation

Afternoon. Platinum Dorm. Eun Hee's POV.

I close my notebook before me, stretching my tired arms from studying. It's been three days since I locked myself inside the bedroom. Although this bedroom is for Chanyeol and I, he never tried bothering me nor did he try to enter even though I didn't lock the door. He seems to know what I was feeling and tried not to be a burden.

 But in truth, it seems that I was the burden to him, no, to everyone in the group. I move by the side of the window, moving the curtain an inch to have a peek at the campus. "I miss everyone..." I muttered to myself along with a small sigh.

I reach out to my phone from my pocket, checking my received messages from unknown numbers saying sickening things towards me. One by one, I deleted the threatening messages, making sure to leave no trace of evidence. Even though no one from the group wanted me to know about the rumor, I was bound to find out eventually. One of the unknown numbers has explained that I should just go kill myself for sleeping with the old man that had bought me for 100 million won in the auction that day.

 When I first read that message, I broke down crying. Not for how painful it was, but for how shameful it is, especially since I am the Platinum, which represents the Platinum Group. For everyone to look down on me like that just because of a baseless rumor, it's as if they were also looking down at the Platinum Group.

I sit by the side of the bed, waiting for more rude messages from unknown people as they seem to be flooding me ever since, but somehow, they stopped. I guess they grew tired since I never retorted into messaging any of the messages.

I lay myself down in the bed, shutting my eyes close for a second. Everyone in the Platinum group knows that it's not my fault, and that I shouldn't feel bad because it's just a rumor. And I know they're trying their very best to protect me from it. But in truth, deep down inside of me, I feel that I don't deserve any of their kindness. 

And somehow, each time I close my eyes, I feel as if I'm missing parts of myself. When I try to remember, all that appears are tears on the corners of my eyes. Each time I try, my heart warms up as if I have forgotten a happy memory. Then I think, if it was such a happy memory, why would I have forgotten it in the first place? And that's when I realize, that maybe, the things that I feel are missing inside of me, are probably just mere dreams of mine. 

Meanwhile. Platinum Room. Jihoon's POV.

"Well? Did you find anything?" I spoke as I accept the bottled water that Kyungsoo was handing out to me.

I watch Luhan type speedily on his laptop, beside him was Baekhyun who also had his laptop, each comparing information that I couldn't quite comprehend.

"By the looks of it, this will take some time. For now, rest up in your dormitory, we'll let you know when they've extracted some data that's worth exposing." Says Kai, watching Luhan and Baekhyun from behind them.

"And how long am I supposed to wait? Is this going to take a day? A week?" I eye everyone in the room who was busy with their own thing. But it was Chanyeol who answered back to me, "You've done enough, more than enough actually. Like Kai said, we'll let you know." He spoke so firmly that I had no choice but to just drop, trying to force things to quicken.

I let out a heave, "I'll take my leave then." I said, bidding everyone a look of farewell, consequently leaving the Platinum room without another word.

...

Platinum Room. Kai's POV.

 "He's a pretty determined kid." I shift my focus to Lay, straying his eyes away from the textbook he was reading, all amused. I lightly shrug my shoulders, "He's always been protective of Eun Hee ever since."

Kyungsoo butts in between the sight of Lay and I, "Sounds like a story worth sharing." I pinch the bridge of my nose, "We've got no time for this." "We've got plenty of time~! Besides, Luhan is too busy to even pay attention to me~!" says Sehun, whining under his sentences. 

I look at the three of them, who were staring at me with puppy dog eyes. "Fine, what do you guys want to know anyway?" I drawl. "How about the reason why Jihoon is so keen on protective our Eun Hee-ah." says Kyungsoo, pouring a cup of tea for both Lay and Sehun. 

I pause for a moment, thinking back to the reports that I've heard from the private investigator that I have hired during those times when I was no longer growing up with Eun Hee. "It was around grade school, I suppose. I have heard that Jihoon was a troublesome kid for having parents who had an affair with one another. Well, in such a small community, news travels fast in those areas. Soon, he was the topic of the neighborhood. 

For a kid, it's pretty hard to grow up with all the gossip around, so he went and ran away from home." I take a brief pause, "Then news came up that Jihoon went missing for almost two days, police were all around the area trying to search for him. But it was only Eun Hee who found him by chance. She found him by the bottom of a steep cliff with a broken ankle. And like Eun Hee, she tried her best to carry him to safety." 

I let out a remorseful sigh, "The rest is history, I guess. Ever since that incident, Jihoon has been stuck like glue to Eun Hee."

Tao starts clapping alone, "Uwaa, that sounds like a pretty well-made drama." Chen whacks him on the back of his head. "Anyway, that's all I know about the whole story." I spoke, clearing the heavy air in the room. "I guess we've under-estimated him, huh." spoke Kris who suddenly joined the conversation. 

"Hmm~But it's so weird that you know all this info, Kai~ It makes you look like a stalker~!" says Sehun merrily. I dart him a glare which he reflected by turning his attention to Luhan who was unfazed. 

The very first time I found out about that incident from my private investigator, I was infuriated at Jihoon. He had stolen my spot beside Eun Hee during those times. I harbored ill-feelings and bitterness towards him ever since. Thoughts popped in my head like, 'why wasn't I the one who was in his place instead?' or 'Why was I forced to leave Eun Hee due to my parents' selfishness?' 

All those thoughts, for years, circled in my head. And now that I see him, still chasing after Eun Hee all this time. It seems that he merely sees her as a friend anymore, rather, as a woman. 

"Say, Chanyeol. I forgot to mention that Eun Hee brought up the topic of why the Platinum and Gold group were so close nowadays, she mentioned it before the opening ceremony started." said Kyungsoo casually. "Ahhh, that's right. Hmm, I guess we'd better be wary when she's around the area, we'd have to make sure that we act as we were before."

Sehun pouts, "Ehhh~That means I can't hang out with Chen and Baozi anymore~?!" "Yes, we wouldn't want to arise any suspicion from her. I've even let Kyungsoo explain it to Krystal a few days back, so she's currently acting like the witch in front of Eun Hee, again." says Chanyeol, flipping through his documents. 

"Aigooo~This is going to be harder than it looks, especially when four people in this room can't seem to keep a secret too well." says Suho, staring at Tao, Chen, Xiumin and Sehun. 

I eye the four of them who seemed to instinctively looked away at the same time. "You four, you better make sure to keep a tight lip whenever you're with Eun Hee. I don't care how you guys do it, be it acting classes or whatever, but you four must absolutely not say anything that can make Eun Hee doubt a situation. Okay?" 

The four of them bob their heads in unison, "Good, now, let's wait and see what else the Dean has in store for us in the future." I spoke, crossing my arms firmly.