Chapter 68 : Play Pretend

Dong-Eui University, classroom. Early Morning. EunRa's POV.

I prettied myself up with a pale shade of lipstick, puckering my lip before entering the classroom. Inside, I find Chanyeol slouched down onto his desk with his head on top of his desk. I saunter my way to the side where Eun Hee is supposedly seated. After a few seconds of being ignored, I cough once thinking that such a fight really did affect him yesterday.

As much as I want to cheer him up today as being the EunRa I am, I just want to ruin Eun Hee's appearance by portraying her for three days. I chuckle by the thought, stopping as soon as I see Chanyeol rising slowly from his tiny nap. Instead of stretching, he directs his eyes onto mine. It was warm and thoughtful look that caught me off guard for a brief second.

Assuming what Eun Hee will do in this situation, I place a hand over his forehead, grinning. "..Are you okay? You look a little pale." By saying those words, he blushed a bit. "..You're not.. mad at me?" I smirk shaking my head gently, "Why on earth would I get mad at you. It should be me that should apologize for my rude behaviour yesterday. I was just jealous 'cause it seems that you and EunRa look so good together. I mean, she's so gorgeous, intelligent, and very kind to others!"

"What is a woman who has such attributes got to do with me loving you so much? Also, I don't see the reason why you're bringing her up right now. At that moment I walked away from your house up till now, you occupied my mind. Not once did I ever think of anyone else but you." He leads my hand to his cheek, giving a slight peck on it. "You are my everything, Eun Hee. And I am sorry for making you feel less of important to me."

For the longest time, only but Kai filled my head with fantasies of love. But what is this feeling inside of me right now? When I thought that I could use Chanyeol to piss Eun Hee off, it seems that he's more special than a pawn in a chess game..

I took my hand away from him abruptly, blushing quite hard as I look towards the other way. Just when I thought that I could cool off my head from delusions, I find all of Eun Hee's friends lined up as they go inside the classroom with colourful papers on hand. I arch a brow as they seem to go near my desk. I prompt to sit properly as I watch them surround me in a circular manner.

"Eun Hee-yah, we're sorry!" says Tao, starting the whole thing up. I stare at all of them, their faces written with solemnity. "Yeah.. We didn't know what came over us. It's 'cause we finally got the chance to experience things differently than what we were expected to do." Lay cuts off Kyungsoo, speaking up with the same reasoning.

"We, as we grew up with the utmost care, didn't have true friends to call our own back in our grade school days. Our play time became a quiz on who can score the highest in class, our lunch break would consist of studying foreign language that our parents would want us to learn. Although things did change for the better when we all arrived in a University.

Meeting such ordinary people with simple lives gave us an opportunity to see what we've missed growing up. To go to an arcade after school, to play sports during free break. Those things were what blinded us from realizing that we were already tearing each other apart." Lay stands quiet as Chen speaks up. "T-That's why we made you these cards, Eun Hee! Chanyeol said that no matter how expensive the gift may be, you'd still appreciate things that came from our hearts." Xiumin cuts off Chen. "We put all our effort into making them last night as well..! That's why, I really hope you do forgive us. We really are sorry.."

My eyes sank, seeing that all this was meant for Eun Hee. I shrug all the emotional stuff aside, accepting the letters handed in front of me, harshly shoving it down my backpack. "I see.. I guess I overreacted a bit when telling you guys off. Don't worry, I'll forgive you. As a matter of fact, it's fine if you keep hanging out with your new friends. I won't mind one bit." I preview a sly smile.