Chapter 97 : New Scholar

Platinum Room. Evening. Eun Hee's POV.

"CHEERS!!" said everyone simultaneously. I sip my own glass of grape juice, knowing very well that I'm not fond of wine or any alcoholic beverages. "Yah! Baekhyun-ah! You have a lot of catching up to do in the Platinum group. Just 'cause you're this year's Spring winner doesn't mean that we're going to let you off the hook with all the leftover work--" Before Tao could even finish his sentence, Chen had already slapped his mouth with lettuce.

Baekhyun nimbly smiles, bobbing his head in agreement. "Yes, of course. I'll be doing twice as more effort as compared to before. You can count on me." While the rest of the Platinum and Gold members amuse themselves with Tao's drunken actions, I find both Chanyeol and Kai leading Baekhyun out by the balcony. The three of them together...? Hmm, this is a surprise. Though, I guess it has something to do with Platinum work again. I probably shouldn't bother. I let the three of them be, joining in the fun as Tao continues to show us different types of poses used in martial arts.

...

Meanwhile. Balcony. Kai's POV.

"We're glad you're back, Baekhyun." I spoke, starting up a conversation. He flicks his stare at me, releasing a grin. "Thanks, again, really. To be honest, I never really intend to go back here, thinking that if I show my face in front of you guys, I might just end up badly beaten up and lying in my deathbed. But then I thought of all the memories we have all made in the past, and so I said to myself, I have to reap what I sow and that I can never really run away forever." Baekhyun ends with a sigh, showing off one of his goofy smile.

"It's good you're back and all, Baekhyun. But we're dealing with something very problematic, and that includes Eun Hee's welfare." said Chanyeol, getting straight to the point as always. The moment Chanyeol mentioned Eun Hee's name, Baekhyun's smile drifts almost instantaneously from his face. "...Does this involve the Dean?" He spoke, his voice as icy as his stare.

I nod once, "Glad that you're still quick-witted. Actually, we're trying to keep Eun Hee away from the truth, the truth about her parents and everything to say the least. But as days pass by us, it seems the Dean is taking this game too far and is close to spilling everything to her, each time one of her childhood memories are told to her, she unconsciously loses her most recent memories."

I watch as Baekhyun turns his stare at Eun Hee who was busily talking with Xiumin and Chen inside the room. "She has lost a lot of memories as of the moment, and the very present memory she has is that of her winter break in Busan. I've spoken with her doctor, and he says that it's best to tell her the past, since there really is no escaping. It's either we do it, or the dean will. As much as I hate the idea of making her suffer, it will be best if we're the ones who tell her rather than the dean, I know how much of a heartless bastard he is, even to his own daughter."

Baekhyun remains silent, speaking after a minute. "What's your plan then?" Chanyeol leans by the pillar, "We're planning on telling her little by little, directly telling her all of it at once gives a high chance of having her get a distorted personality. Also, we plan on guarding her away from the Dean no matter the circumstance, they must never be alone together."

"I see, so you guys must want me to protect her alongside of you guys?" says Baekhyun, catching up quite nicely. "Yeah, I know your capabilities, Baekhyun. You're not normal, so to speak. Besides, we're trying to make Eun Hee as happy as possible, to at least help her fight this battle. I'm asking this as a friend, you are one of the people she highly looks up to, so please, help us." I bent forward, giving the most sincere bow I could come up with.

Silence takes up the moment, later hearing his footstep grow distant going towards the Platinum room. "Even without you guys begging, I would agree either way for her sake. She has saved me countless times before, now, it's my time to save her from this."