Chapter 87 : Platinum Birthday Ball | Part 2

Late Evening. East Wing Room. Eun Hee's POV.

Just a moment ago, I have met a man called Kim Chulwoo and somewhere deep within me, he feels very familiar. Almost as if I had some sort of past with him..

"That guy.." spoke Yohan whom I just noticed was still after such a long time. I place a hand on my chest, almost getting a heart attack from his sneaking. "G-Geez, Yohan! If you were still here, say so!"

He didn't flinch nor react, he seemed quite serious actually and to be honest, his solemn expression never brings any good. "By the looks of it, you seem to look at him as if you know him. Tell me, what's your relationship with that man."

"Really, I wonder that myself.." I mumble out. "Well, whatever. Just stay away from him." He gibbers. I look back to find him scowling at where Mr. Kim had made an exit. "Is he dangerous?" I question.

He looks away, scratching the back of his nape. "I'm not sure. But, he doesn't give off a nice feeling. I'm pretty sharp about these things, so you should trust me." said Yohan, pointing his nose up in the air.

"Right.." I drawl out. The door creaks open once more, in comes Sehun who froze in place when he saw Yohan trying to snuggle up with my right arm. "Hey!! Who do you think you are to hug my Eun Hee so casually~!" When I thought Sehun would finally save me, he goes to the left arm to snuggle even more than what Yohan does.

I felt my eye twitch, thinking how much they are so alike with one another. A minute pass with their pointless bicker when Luhan enters, upon seeing my situation he gives the 'not-this-again' kind of look. "Uhm, a little help." I word out.

Luhan amazingly breaks those two apart, dragging me a meter away from them. "Sorry, did you wait long?" "N-Not really. Although, I did expect Chanyeol to go but he never came.."

He pats my head once, "I apologize for his behalf. He was too busy entertaining the guests." The both of us share a neutral look, "Uhm, so can I get back to the party now?"

He looks back at Sehun and Yohan who continues to challenge one another. "Yeah, I think it's safe for you to enjoy now. Let's go, those two will tucker themselves out sooner or later."

I followed behind Luhan as we look for Chanyeol's whereabouts.

...

Meanwhile. Chanyeol's POV.

I take one last bow to the guests, sauntering my way near an open space where less people were. I sat down the white sofa, loosening my tie for a little air out my system.

I examine the party, almost feeling weary from all of these events. I briefly close my eyes, suddenly remembering the conversation I had with Kai this afternoon.

...

Flashback to this afternoon.

...

"And for your information, Eun Hee and I were never step-siblings to begin with. Rather, she was my childhood friend that my Dad introduced as my step-sister." said Jongin, not a hint of a playful tone in his voice. My head tried to process what he said, and as much as I want to believe his words were false, I just can't cross out the fact that he knows more of the situation out of everyone.

"..Y-You're lying. You said so yourself that you guys were step-siblings!" I pace back and forth in the same position, trying not to let his words get the better of me. "I didn't expect you to easily believe me with such given words, but nonetheless, it is true. Truth be told, I never intend to tell anyone else but seeing as though you haven't given up on Eun Hee.."