Chapter 50 : Bus Departure

Yixing Residences. Personal Reading Room. Late evening.

"Do you want some more tea, Master?" Lay turns to another page of his textbook, dismissing his personal butler without a waste of breath out his mouth. Before long, his personal cellular mobile rings over by his study desk, disrupting the quiet ambiance of the room. He ambles by the desk, and answers at the 6th ring. "Hello?"

"L-Lay.. He's gone.. He's really gone. I'm so scared.. I don't.. I.. I don't know what to do, Lay.." It was Eun Hee, her voice trembling so terribly and weak. Lay held onto his phone tighter, looking around before hitting the speed dial for all the members. "Eun Hee, listen to me. If you're outside, go inside and calm down. I want you to wake Myungsoo up and let him accompany you for a while. I've just informed the other members, we'll be there as soon as possible. Do you understand?"

Only but sobs of Eun Hee was heard at the other side, taking it as a 'yes' for Lay who rush to prepare.

...

Myungsoo's House. 4:37AM.

"How's she doing?" ask Chanyeol, rushing to get a good glimpse of her sleeping face upon entering the house later than the rest. Lay sat up from the stool beside Eun Hee's bed, easing a face that quickly reciprocated back to Chanyeol's. Lay leads Chanyeol away from the bedroom, shutting close the door behind him as to prevent any noises to stumble about.

"Well, she didn't do all the things I told her to do on the phone and found her seated at the cold pavement covered with snow all over her body. Luckily, she was cooperative enough to follow my orders. And don't worry, her temperature is back to normal, just a bit of rest and she'll regain her usual energy again."

Chanyeol slides two of his fingers down Eun Hee's bedroom door, tired to even give an alleviated remark about the situation. Instead, Chanyeol drags himself and helps himself to rest at the vacant couch. Lay pours him a cup of hot tea he had made a while ago, placing it by the coffee table adjacent by the couch.

"Where are the other members?" whispers Chanyeol, placing over a hand on top of his face. "They're inside her room, all asleep and on top of one another." Lay shrugs an amuse look, "It's great to see them being so 'close' to one another." He said, creating one of his lousy puns again.

Lay began to straighten his look, patting the armchair clean before taking place. "You must be exhausted, huh. Heard you were already suppose to fly out the country for the wedding celebration of your Mother on the 25th. Guess you won't be going to attend anymore?" Chanyeol takes a good glance at Lay before voicing out his thoughts.

"Well, it's not like I am of any importance to her now. Now that she has married a man who is richer than my Father, there is no need for a son like me. I have already heard rumours that she has that man's baby inside of her already. I guess the only reason I was invited was to be told of that news." Chanyeol grins like a stupid fool. "Who knows, that child might just end up like me one day.. Watching your Mother marry someone else and have another baby, and the cycle continues. And the fact that she's still so young now is what worries me that things might just go exactly as what I'm predicting right now.."

Chanyeol shakes his head off of that idea, gulping down the tea in one go. "Anyway, why did I even talk about that all of a sudden." He hands Lay the empty teacup, "Does Myungsoo know about us visiting here tonight?" Lay snaps out of idle state, nodding. "Ah, yeah. Apparently, his parents went on a alumni reunion at a five star hotel ever since a day ago, so it's safe for the members to sleep humbly in Eun Hee's room a bit longer than you think."

"How about Myungsoo? Did he went back to sleep?" ask Chanyeol, uncovering the curtains that portrays the sun slowly rising from below the view he sees. "Yeah. I was quite surprised to see him still awake when I knocked at his door. Seems he has already started doing his Winter assignment. But at this hour, I'm pretty sure he's gone back to sleep like any other normal human."