Chapter 66 : Separate Ways?

Early Morning. Eun Hee's House.

EunHa, the mother of Eun Hee, awakes from her complex slumber. Tilting her head back even more to see the morning sky shining down on her face. She gets up quite weary, placing a hand on her head as a mere support for remembering the dream, rather, flashback of what had taken place around her own High school years.

She puts her dreams aside herself, firstly making a bun out of her hair before washing her face in her own bathroom. Somehow, she thought to herself, that something inside of her felt lighter.

...

Downstairs, dining table. Eun Hee's POV.

"Now for the local weather, seems as though it will be cloudy for the rest of the morning but as soon as the setting sun falls upon us, there will be a brief rain shower. We advise that you do bring an umbrella as it will be continuing till later tonight.." I pet Byul who was fast asleep on my lap, eating the shredded squid flakes I saw by the Kitchen counter.

From the mirror just above the television, I see Eomma just by the foot of the staircase. I turn back, placing Byul down just beside my seat. "M-Morning.." Almost like it was the longest time for me, Eomma shows off a genuine smile. I was caught off guard, examining as she goes near me just to peck my forehead. I touch the warm feeling as soon as she straightened her back, "..I am..sorry, Eun Hee."

My mouth was gapped open, seeing her slender fingers go about my hair again, just like when I was a kid. How long has it been since we've felt so distant away from each other..? It was merely just days but it felt like years with the commotion going on with Eomma's mysterious actions. And now, today, she seemed as though she has awaken from a nightmare that she's been struggling to get away with..

I stood up, embracing her with all my might, sniffling as I keep my eyes under control from tears. Eomma simply pats my back, silencing me with her reassuring voice. "..I'm sorry Eun Hee, I can't express how devastated I was for acting so selfish and forcing you to do things.. I just didn't know what came over me. I hope you're able to forgive me.."

I place my hands on both her shoulders, pushing her back a bit to look at her face. "Even if you don't have to explain, Eomma.." Those were the only words I could say for now, and by the look on her face, she knew that what I wanted to say and so, she felt it instead.

She plumps my cheeks, wiping liquid out of her nose with her sleeve. "Anyway, you better head on to school first. You're going to be late for your first class..!" Then it made me remember the whole reason I was fighting with her. I frown for a bit, looking back at Eomma who was nearly on her way to the Kitchen. "E-Eomma.. Does that mean I could.. go back to Seoul?"

She takes a momentary pause, turning back to face me with a tense look. "..Can you give me more time to think about it?" I nod like my life depended on it. "Yeah, that's fine. Thank you, Eomma..for considering my selfish request." Eomma plainly smiles at me, as though to signify that she was still a bit broken in terms of feelings, but I can't let this sway me anymore. With her considering the fact of my approval on my way back to Seoul, I could only hope for the better.. and fast.

...

Outside Eun Hee's House. Eun Hee's POV.

"Yah, Jihoon." I called out to him leaning by the light post outside my house with his phone out. He looks back, keeping his cellular device back inside his pocket. "Took you long enough. Come on, let's hurry before our classes start." I unlock the gates, likewise, locking it back to place as soon as I got out from the house. "Huh? But we're not even classmates!"