Chapter 73 : Memory of Busan

Sunset. Facade of Eun Hee's House. Chanyeol's POV.

"A-Are you serious? That means that you're.. you're her step-brother." quivers Kyungsoo. "B-But why didn't Eun Hee tell us about this!" shriek Lay, feeling helpless all of a sudden. Kai continues to stare at me, probably hoping to see what my reaction would be. To be told about something as big as this, to find out that the person that I have been hating for almost my whole college life would be the step-brother of the girl I love.

I didn't know if I was taken in for a fool, or played with. Maybe this is what Eun Hee felt when I deliberately lied to her before. In the end, I was still left speechless even though there are almost hundreds of questions circling around my head right now. "Omo, Jongin-ah. Is that.. is that really you?" I turn back to find Ms. Jong carrying what seems to be a travelling bag.

The face she made when she stared at Jongin was unforgettable. She looked very glad to have seen him, but at the same time feel so ashamed. Looking as if she missed him so very dearly, but at the same time not want him around the area. Right about now, I feel like the most stupidest person in the world.

...

Inside Eun Hee's house. Living Room. Chanyeol's POV.

Ms. Jong served us all tea, the quiet ambiance strongly present in the living room. I sat at the very corner of the room, re-thinking the things that had been happening for the past months. "Ms. Jong, I don't mean to be insensitive, but I need you to tell me straight. Has he visited you already?" I focus my attention to Jongin who kept a constant eye-to-eye contact with Ms Jong.

She narrows her eyes down, "Yes, he.. he invited me over dinner a few days back." Kai makes a stern look, "Do you think he has made contact with Eun Hee?" Ms. Jong looked even more uncomfortable about the topic, even without my members looking at her, she still seemed pressured about the whole thing. "She.. doesn't seem to know yet. If she did, she would have bombarded me with questions. Right now, I'm trying to keep positive that it won't reach her."

"Anyway, Eun Hee is at the Hospital right now." gibbers Kai, sipping on his tea. Ms. Jong's eyes widen at the sudden news, unexpectedly standing in surprise. "What on earth happened?! Did her illness get worse?!" "Rather than have an illness, I say that EunRa has been the cause of what has been happening to her. For your information, Eun Hee jumped off her window cause EunRa had locked Eun Hee inside her room."

The face Ms. Jong made signalled at how she blamed herself fully for what happened to Eun Hee. I felt how she did, and to think that for the past two days I've been made a fool to believe that the Eun Hee I have been seeing was EunRa all along. As Eun Hee's boyfriend, it's the most biggest mistake I could ever come across.

Ms. Jong soon cried endlessly, having but Jongin's eyes comfort her. "I feel so worthless..! And to think that I wasn't able to tell what my daughter has been going through. I failed as a mother..!" says Ms. Jong, gently dabbing the corner of her eyes out of tears. I watch as Xiumin approach Jongin from behind, tapping his left shoulder. "J-Jongin.."

Jongin glances over his shoulder, "What is it?" "Uhm, I, I still don't understand why EunRa would do such a thing to Eun Hee. And, she did mention that something did happen to the past right? Is it okay to know the full story?" The rest of my members think it was high time to actually know what happened, and I think so too.

...

Meanwhile. Hospital. Eun Hee's POV.

"How are you feeling, Eun Hee-yah~?" says Sehun, skipping his way by my bedside. "I'm doing fine so far. The doctor says that I could go home since I only managed to get a minor fracture." I say, feeling no more pain coming from my elbow. "Even if it's only a minor fracture, you will have to wear that cask on for a week. And to think that you damaged your right arm too." says Luhan, entering the hospital room with the doctor's receipt on hand.