Chapter 17 : Hospital Day

Kai's eyes gradually open to find a rather different ceiling than the one in the Platinum dorm. He clusters his eyebrows, turning his way to the left to see all of his members present, seated patiently doing their own business.

Sehun gaps as soon as he saw Kai prompt to sit, "Jongin! You're awake! Thank god!" 

Suho huffs a relieved sigh, "We were worried that you'd have to sleep for another day. We're really glad you're awake now.." 

Kai makes a pained face upon straightening his back fully, Luhan supports his back as he straightens a bit, "Be careful. The doctor said that you'd have to stay in for the whole week if you'd want to recover fast. So as much as possible, please rest easy."

"What am I doing here in my house? And what happened?" Kai's free hand placed on his lower cranium. "Err.. Minutes after winning the match, you saved the Platinum from being crushed by a bunch of wooden planks. And well, you lost consciousness when you did so. Your Father immediately ordered us to bring you back home where your house doctor cared for you." nods Suho. 

Kai sighs massaging the bridge of his nose, silent for a minute "Where's that girl?" Sehun cocks his head to the side, "Uhmm, you mean Eun Hee-yah? She went out today for some errands, that's according to her though." 

"What? You just let her go that easily without my permission?" angers Kai. Sehun shrinks down to his seat. Kris pretentiously coughs, "She's been handling your work as the Platinum in your absence. She was kind of depressed not being able to take care of you because of the loaded work. So we thought giving her a day off would be best, you know.."

Kai narrows his eyes down, then glances out the big window at his side. "How many days has it been.. since I was asleep?" 

"You've been asleep for three days now!" blurts out Sehun. Kai's eyes widen even more.

...

Meanwhile. Eun Hee's Location. 

A red ferrari drives by in front of me, stopping as the black tinted windows reflected my face. I squint my eyes, trying to make face of who the driver was. The window unexpectedly rolls down, I squat to take a good look at the person. 

He was wearing high-end shades, one hand on the steering wheel and the other on the breaks. "Well? What are you staring at? Get in the car." 

I roll my eyes, entering without complain anymore. As soon as I fasten my seatbelts, he immediately started the car once more. "Sooo. What and how am I going to compensate for your lost pride?"

"You'll know once we get there." He gibbers. "Fine fine." I pucker my lips, now paying attention out the window. It's been three days since the Sports Festival ended. You could say that a very unexpected turn of event happened. And that was the very crucial accident that Kai was involved in. To be honest, I never really got the chance to visit him once because of the never ending pile of work that's being handed down by the teachers. 

I'm usually alone most of the time in the Platinum room, since all the other members were busy taking care of Kai in his house. I actually couldn't focus on studying because of it. Every time I do busy myself with things, I'd end up remembering the heroic act that Kai did; He saved me. 

I take a small peek at Chanyeol's face, Today I'm going somewhere with Chanyeol. This is to compensate for his damaged pride due to the loss I gave to Team B. Sheesh, I just hope it's worth the day because I'm still loaded with new work..

I heard the door close, I examine the car to find myself all alone now. I unfasten my seatbelt in a hurry to find Chanyeol entering a white building. As soon as I exit his vehicle, "..We're in a.. Hospital?" I quickly follow him inside the building. He had long legs, so it was impossible for me to catch up so easily. Why was he in such a hurry anyway?