Chapter 9 : Cake Situation

The Next Day. Late afternoon.

After receiving the cake from Kai last night, I ate a slice and hurriedly went down to place it inside the refrigerator. Once I arrive back in the room, I went to bed feeling a bit sleepy all of a sudden. Without changing, I fell into a deep sleep. 

The very next day, I find the other side of the bed messed up and empty. I didn't have classes today for my course, so I'm pretty sure that the others are in the class right now. I dress myself into casual clothes and decided to pay Kai a visit. 

I enter the Platinum room with a grin etched across my face, "M-Morning.." 

All of them simultaneously stares back at me, eyes examining the clothes I was wearing right now. "Wow. You look even more plain than usual." remarks Kris. 

"It's already the afternoon though. You must have had a good sleep last night." smiles Suho, admiring his face at the mirror. 

I heave a sigh, staring at Kai who didn't even bat an eye on me. I inch closer to his desk, "K-Kai!" I holler. After a few seconds, he looks at me "What is it? Don't you see I'm busy writing my thesis." 

I clear my throat, "I just want.. to say thanks for the cake you gave me last night. I really did like it. I left more in the fridge, maybe we could eat it later--" "What cake are you talking about?" His face baffled. 

"M-Mwo? Someone knocked on the door last night saying that you were sending the cake to me."

He shot me an odd look, "Do you think I would send someone who isn't from the Platinum group? Have you ever thought of that?" 

I was taken aback, "W-Well no.." Kai lets out a long sigh, "Go and call Chanyeol, Kris. I need to have a word with him." His eyes piercing like a sharp blade. Kris exits the room. 

"If you don't have anything better to do, then why don't you go back to the dorm and be a good girl." said Kai, shifting his attention back to his unfinished thesis. 

"Do you want me to accompany her?--" Baekhyun was abrupted by Kai, "It's fine. No one other than us could enter the dorm anyway." said Kai. "Hurry up and go." orders Kai. 

"A-Alright.." I mouthed as I take my leave out the room. As always, I've been completely been rejected by Kai. Here I thought that it was all too good to be true that Kai, of all people, would send me a delicious cake. Seriously. Who gave me that cake..?

Suddenly, I bump into someone who automatically embraces me tightly. "Gotcha." My eyes widen as I pull away, "C-Chanyeol!" 

"Thought you wouldn't see the last of me, huh." He grins. I look behind him to see three more people waiting behind him. I pull away from his touch, "I'm not in the mood for games. And you better head to the Platinum room, Kai needs to talk to you about something." 

Chanyeol blinks countless of times, "Talk to me? Well that's a first. What is it about?" 

"It's about a cake I received last night. It seems that Kai wasn't the one who sent it to me, so he's trying to find out who gave it to me."

He then forms a smile, "Cake? Oh. So you did receive it." My eyes widen as I point at him with my index finger, "Y-You're the one that sent me the cake!?" I strut. He chuckles, clapping contently, "Aigo. I didn't really plan to tell you this at all. This is embarassing." 

"W-Why would you send me a c-cake?" I ask curiously. He shrugs, "I just figured that you were down in the dumps with that Jongin guy. Thought I'd cheer you up with a cake, you know." He heart warmingly smiles. I felt my heart swoon the tiniest bit.